cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

It's funny though, because the cocky people on TV shows are usually not even that great!

Hey everyone! Smiley Happy Sorry I'm late tonight, had to grab a couple items from the shops whichIforgot earlier today. Oops!

Q1. Think of someone who you consider to be really confident most of the time. Tell us about them, what makes you think they are confident?

I think they are confident because of how they hold themselves and their sense of humor. They can laugh at themselves and the silly things they end up doing. The amazing thing is that some of their confidence rubbed off onto me and gave me a boost just by getting to know them! Smiley Very Happy

@stonepixie I'm with you on that, my confidence levels change quite regularly too!

2. Tell us about a situation in your life when you felt really confident? What did that feel like? 

One time which seems to outshine the rest, was my first job interview. While I didn't get the job I felt incredibly honored just to be in that position of having a job interview -as I'd been knocked back so many times before! But I was feeling content and proud of who I was. I was finally seeing myself grow and mature as I moved on from school life. I also felt like I was starting to take adult life by the horns and give it my all. 

COnfidence does feel very much ontop of the world! 

@stonepixie @dreamcatcher I lve ImageinDragons too! Smiley Very Happy

3. When was a time in your life you were NOT confident? What caused that to happen?

Too many times I've been in situations where I have not been confident. I'm not going to name any specifically, but when I'm not feeling confudent it is usually because I'm feeling insecure within myself. There are also extrenal factors which can throw me off, they can vary, and I cannot think of any at the moment..

@Chonty I've been in a similar kind of situation. When I started my TAFE course at the start of the year I felt so weird because the people my age I didn't associate with and found it really awkward. I also felt a bit imtimidated by everyone!

4. When something does kill your self confidence and how do you overcome that?

Ohh this is a good question! Sometimes it can take me quite a while to regain confidence which I've lost! It's never been one of my strong points. I really need to work on this...

@Chonty Will have to try that! Twirling! I never would have thought!

5. Do you compare yourself to others?  How does that impact your confidence?

Yep, I find myself doing it all the time! Smiley Sad Although, I have found that I'm not doing it as much anymore, especially since gaining some confidence during my cert3! Comparing myself to others generally puts me in a negative headspace and makes my mood drop. I tend to take on a very negative self talk and beat myself up. Which isn't good because I feel so self-consious and not very confident at all!

@stonepixie yes telling yourself it is not a competition! I have been doing that a bit too! I need to keep reminding myself that there is no competition between this and that with such and such. It only distracts me from the larger picture.

6. What sorts of things can you do to build your self confidence overall?

To build my confidence I have started appreciating who I am. I try to catch my reflection by surprise and pick one aspect which I like. I also build my confidence and self-esteem by the way I dress. Sometimes the items I put together just make me feel confident! Smiley Very Happy

@stonepixie yes positive self-talk does wonders!!! Smiley Happy

@stonepixie @Chonty I am here! I've been trying to catch up!!!! lol WIll post now...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

It makes perfect sense @Chonty. Plus those that are too confident are what I like call, DOUCHBAGS! Because they get on everyone's nerves.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonpixie yep I am reading everrrything!!! lol... half an hour later I finally post my answers and semi catch up! lol (actually cracking up laughing! hahaSmiley Very Happy )

Whoaaaaa @Bee  EXCELLENT CATCH UP!!!!!!! 

I wish you posted everything seperately @Bee so I could high five all of your answers. Not to worry about being late. You're here now. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Cat Happy Cat Very Happy

@stonepixie I think there's a line some people cross, from being self-confident to being pushy and arrogant. The word "swag" keeps popping up in my head haha  

Is there such a thing as too much confidence?

Yes there is something as too much confidence! I think @stonepixie described it perfectly! 

@Chonty over confident people also get on my nerves! Apart from the fact that they make mse feel rather insecure, they annoy me!

Highlighted

Woo @Bee!

That was an epic post haha