cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

@Chonty 

URGH!!! I hate the word SWAG! But do they even know what it actually means? Why the word came about in the first place?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@dreamcatcher Smiley Very Happy Thats what I get for coming in half way through the session! lol I'm getting good at these epic catchups! Smiley Tongue

@stonepixie sorry, but I like my epic catchups too much Smiley Tongue lol

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Chonty yep agreed, there is a BIG difference between self-confident and pushy/arrogant. Makes me think of a scene in Dance Academy S1 where one of the characters says "I can't work out if it's confidence or arrogance you're throwing at me" It just popped into my head after you said that!

I think the word you are looking for @Chonty is self-centred.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie  EXCELLENT, I'm not the only one that is lost about the whole #SWAG thing. WOo!

@stonepixie I just did a quick google (because I didn't have a clue) and came up with this. I freaking love number one haha

swag
noun

1. 1.
    a curtain or piece of fabric fastened so as to hang in a drooping curve.

2. 2.
    informal
    money or goods taken by a thief or burglar.
    "garden machinery is the most popular swag"

Highlighted

Hahahaha, @Chonty  that wins all the awards!

Last question!

What is one thing you can do this week to help increase your confidence?

What is one thing you can do this week to help increase your confidence?

Weeeellll, I could head on over to the ever-handy confidence pages of RO and work on some confidence-boosters!

I quite liked @dreamcatchers idea of setting small goals to tick off, I think I might give that a go

@stonepixie I just googled "SWAG" and Google gave me the literal definitions... like for camping or cimbing onesbelongings together. I clicked on urban dictionary and laughed so hard at the definition! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy I won't copy and past cause I don't know if it's appropriate for the site, but have a look!