Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?
Thanks for coming you guys! See you next time round!
1. Think of someone who you consider to be really confident most of the time. Tell us about them, what makes you think they are confident?
It looks like close friends are the confident people we admire. People who have a high self-esteem, while also being confident in the fact that they’re good at what they do and not paying too much attention to others judgements. Knowing how to have a laugh at yourself can be a plus!
2. Tell us about a situation in your life when you felt really confident? What did that feel like?
Having something you feel passionate about, acing an interview or just having a day where you feel on top of the world can feel pretty damn fantastic!
3. When was a time in your life you were NOT confident? What caused that to happen?
Being out of your comfort zone can sometimes contribute to feeling a little less than confident. Presentations in front of a group, going into exams or starting something new can all add up to giving us the terror-butterflies
4. When something does kill your self confidence and how do you overcome that?
Positive self-talk! Thinking happy things and even taking the time to consider why you’re pretty fantastic can help us overcome a drop in self-confidence.
5. Do you compare yourself to others? How does that impact your confidence?
Comparing yourself to other people can cause more than a few headaches! Everyone is good at some things, and not so good at others. Comparing yourself to others based on brains or looks can lead to sad times :[. On the other hand, using comparisons can encourage us to strive to better ourselves :]
6. What sorts of things can you do to build your self confidence overall?
Working on giving yourself some good-feeling self-talk and setting achievable goals for yourself to aim for. Ticking off goals can help you keep on top of feeling confident (while also building sweet sweet skills)
7. Is there such a thing as too much confidence?
Too much confidence can be a bit in-your-face, and can come off as being a little cocky. Arrogance and pushiness sit on the other side of the line! Keeping a bit of humility with your confidence can be handy (and also keep you in peoples good books)
8. What is one thing you can do this week to help increase your confidence?
Head on over to the ever-so-awesome fact sheets pages on RO! And POSITIVE SELF-TALK! Of couse :]
If you want to read up some more on building your confidence head on over to the pages below!
Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?
SWAG comes from Scandinavia and orginally meant 'to rock unsteadily or lurch'. The meaning then changed to 'hanging loosely or heavily, to sag' (seems fitting). Then it changed to what has been previously mentioned in this thread. Now in North America, it is supposed to mean 'HOBO' so here in Aus land, BOGAN!
My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Things to check out:
Check out our Weekly Wellbeing: Self-care challenge
Create your own comfy spot to de-stress here
2021 Not Yet What You'd Hoped For? We hear you. Chat about it with us here
We're having a slow-mo GR all about being kind to ourselves!
Seen something awesome on the forums?