cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] What holds you back?

@Chonty It is really hard when you are the only new person and everyone else is quite tight in their friends groups.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Haha, @Chonty , Carl Baron is grrrrreat!!! 

Saying the word smile over and over again helps. Hahaha.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yo!! Next Q!

Do you compare yourself to others?  How does that impact your confidence?

I would be lying if I said no. It depends upon what I am comparing, but generally, it makes me less confident.

I try not to do this too much, unless I'm comparing in a way that healthy. Like wondering "What can I do to get to the same level as suchandsuch?" 

Comparing yourself can get a bit nasty if you start constantly wondering why you're not as good as someone else

UGH. YES. I think it is my worst habit.

It's never in a good way, and the worst thing is, I always catch myself doing it. Usually it's 'Oh, she's so pretty, no wonder ___ likes her' or 'Man, she is so smart, I wish I had a bright future like her' and soooooo it goes on and on and on.....

Sometimes I'm okay at stopping myself, but it's such a easy trap to fall into, and I think, these days, it's my main source of upset.... but it's not as big of a deal as it was when I was younger (when I say younger, I only mean like 4 years ago or something) #ifeelold haha.

I'm bad when it comes to comparing myself to others doing my course. I tend to think that I am not as smart as them and no way could I compete with them. But then I tell myself that I myself must be smart to be doing what I am doing and that it isn't a competition and that we aren't even doing the same thing.

@dreamcatcher that can be the worst loop of thought! It makies for horrible feelings 

I tend to admire other people's appearances. I never compare myself to them. But I am guilty of looking at those bigger in size and telling myself if I don't stop my bad eating habits, I too will look like them.