Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] What motivates you?

Welcome to our chat @FootyFan26!

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE! ....tomorrow

@FootyFan26 LOL well let's change that hopefully we'll find that motivation by the end of the talk haha

Highlighted

That's exactly what I do @chandelier. Especially in English when we have timed essays and stuff like that.

I'll happily do my sport homework which is practicing kicking a footy though!
Highlighted

yea thats a good point ryvb3 - if you are doing something because its your absolute passion then motivation is easy. but if it's because you are fulfilling someone elses dreams (parents, for example) or just doing something becasue you think you "should" then its easy to not be motivated...
Highlighted

@chandelier @ryvb3  I totally agree too! When you're following a passion or your heart and the 'work' isn't even work because you're having fun. You wake up everyday motivated!

Highlighted

Rightio, here's our next question!

2. How do you stay motivated for longer?

@Myvo wrote:

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE! ....tomorrow

lol!

Highlighted

Positive reinforcement! Rewarding ourselves when we have achieved the set goal for the day. A snickers bar for every 100 words on the essay yummmmmm Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks for joining us @ryvb3! YAY FOR GOALS Smiley Very Happy

Goals are awesome to create (and to follow through!). Definitely agree that it's good to know what you're aiming for from the start Man LOL

As others have said, little rewards along the way... like I can watch this TV show if I finish this uni reading, or whatever. Also try and have some longer-term ones- like maybe a nice holiday after a full-on year- and try and keep the long-term aim in mind (e.g. picturing yourself in your dream career, and seeing each little bit of work as a step towards that)