cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] What motivates you?

How do you stay motivated for longer?

Work out what my goals are, short and long term. 

I am guitly of trying to bribe myself, but I have also learnt that I cannot be bribed. Hahaha.

Taking regular time outs also helps. But if I have a planned time out but I am totally in the zone for what I am doing, I will miss the timeout as I would probably not get back in the groove of things afterwards.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

3. how do you remain self-motivated when you encounter setbacks?

I sometimes use those setbacks to prove tht I can do things.  Doing one piecce of homework for me is a big deal.  I also feed off that to find motivation from the feeling after completing the task.

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 That's really great to hear, being able to look at setbacks and even using them as further motivation!

Highlighted

how do you remain self-motivated when you encounter setbacks?

Tough question. I guess it all comes down to listening to what your body is trying to tell you and not being disencouraged if it is what you really want.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Hey @stonepixie! Thanks for joining us!

Long term goals definitely change, that's for sure. So proud that you took a bad situation and turned it into a great one Smiley Happy It's usually going through tough times where we learn more about ourselves and improve on that. 

"how do you remain self-motivated when you encounter setbacks?"
ooo thats tough one.... keen to hear from others on that... i think it would involve challenging negative thinking... through things like self-talk... and then i guess if i was struggling after a set-back, it would be about talking it out with someone... a friend, family member... a kind of pep-talk!
Highlighted

I tend to just look past the setbacks. Keep my eye on the prize at the end. Also just telling myself that the road to my dreams/goal is never going to be a straight line.

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 Same here! Haha, the other day, I was feeling real keen to clean my room. 1/4 clean at the moment, haha. But progress is progress Smiley Tongue

So true @Myvo

Sometimes you just need to be steered in the right direction to what would make you more happy and such. Sometimes that steering puts you through a hard time. But it definitely makes you a stronger person for it.

Highlighted

I've just realised that most of things I said I should do I don't do except for the burst of work. I barely have any motivation. I just act like I do!