cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] What motivates you?

@FootyFan26 But just know that they are a source of motivation!

I admire people who have gone through adversity and became triumphant. They make me feel grateful for what I have. And they empower me to achieve my goals Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I understand @NutellaBuster. I just mean not for me personally. I get some motivation from them but that's not the main source of my motivation.
Highlighted

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING TODAY. We're calling it a night and I hope you learned a few things or found something that will motivate you!

Thanks @Myvo for helping me run tonight's session. Everyone take care Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Have a good night everyone and stay safe!
Highlighted

@NutellaBuster I agree - certain people from RO, well everyone motivates me!!

bye everyone and thanks!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Alrighty, that's a wrap!

Lack of mojo
Looks like some of us do lack motivation from time to time. Whether this is because what we’re doing is boring and uninteresting, being worn down and feeling crappy, there are many factors that contribute to losing that edge. Some of us really push ourselves and motivation comes out in shining beams of awesomeness, whereas others procrastinate (and that’s ok!) Smiley Tongue and like the feeling of sitting down to do nothing for awhile. What we all seem to agree on is that we condition ourselves to think that taking time out is laziness – and that’s not true at all. Listen to yo’ body and rest up Smiley Happy

Long live motivation!
Keeping yourself motivated is super hard. But if you love something fierce, the buzz lasts longer and you feel ecstatic about keeping the good vibes going! Positivity and rewards (like eating a Snickers bar) are some good ways to check in on yourself. Having long-term goals like going on holiday or picturing yourself at your dream job is super important to keep the spirit alive. Don’t rush but break it all up into small steps to reach a better tomorrow!

Setbacks to self-motivate
When we encounter setbacks, we use these moments to prove that we can most definitely reach our goals. Not feeling discouraged is crucial when you encounter some odd obstacles along the way. And beating them makes it all the more sweet. It appears that we’re also prepared to take detours, as no dream or journey is a straight line. Pushing through and keeping your eye on the prize tells us to keep going.

For the love of ambition
Helping others, focusing on your values, wanting to improve yourself, doing for your folks and/or loved ones are what drives us most towards success. Or all of these! Learning from other people’s mistakes and wanting to be a good role model to others is also fair game. We all value what we strive for in life and the people we hold dear too.

Your life
There are many parts of our lives that each and every one of us wants to improve! It could be super simple like getting a good night’s sleep, getting up early and having breakfast can help you kick start your day. Improving your personal health – physically and emotionally – seems to be on everyone’s list!

Making and breaking habits
Making small, short-term goals keeps you on your toes and builds you up for the massive ones! It’s handy to get into the habit of have a list too to as a record of what you’ve got going on. Reflecting on what you’ve been up to each day gives you a chance to celebrate your awesomeness and great habit-making J

Inspiration for the better
We listen to music, look at photos, read stories about people and empathise with them, and reflecting on the past in the form of a relic (like a journal) are some things that inspire us. Even the tiniest things can inspire us to make big changes.

Get up and attack life!
Want some motivational music ideas to kick start your day? Check out our R.O soundtrack! We love catchy, and upbeat stuff Smiley Very Happy

• Eminem
  • Neon Trees
  • Rock music
  • Florence & The Machine
  • The Stafford Brothers
  • Galantis
  • Good Charlotte
  • Calvin Harris
  • Avici
  • Don Grusin
  • Pat Metheny
  • Richard Bona.
  • Andreas Vollenweider
  • Eye of the Tiger! Smiley Tongue
  • Foo Fighters
  • Hunters + Collectors
  • Bliss N Eso

Who inspires you?
There’s so many fantastic people who inspire us. The people in our R.O community, Adam Goodes, Ronda Rusey, the wonderful TED talk peeps – just to name a few!

Have a good night everyone and see you next week!

G'night peeps!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ