cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] When Life Gets Stressssssssful...

I need to write this piece for the Getting Real session on s t r e s s. I haven’t even started and the session is less than two weeks away now on May 12th. And I’ve got so much Uni work to do, with two assignments due this week and a presentation next week. And I’ve got work this week too. And I’m supposed to go to the footy with my friends, but my family want me to go home and visit too. And I really need to do some exercise. GAARGHHH!!! I’m so stressed that all I want to do is hide under the covers and forget this all exists!!

Deep breath.

We’ve all felt stress before and we all have different ways of dealing with it. Some run from it, some embrace it and others will get overwhelmed. My idea of chocolate and bed may not be the only, or best way, of dealing with it. Stress can be good for us in small doses as it can help us stay motivated and focused. However, sometimes it can start to have a negative impact. Too much stress can make us grumpy, make us think negatively, give us headaches, impact our sleep and just be generally unpleasant. It can also impact on our mental health, so it’s important to know how to reach a balance and take time out when we need it.

But there are ways to reduce it, manage it, and places we can turn to for help when it gets too much.

On Monday May 12th at 8pm AEST join us to discuss what makes us stressed, how this affects us physically and emotionally, and LOTS of ways to deal with this stress. 

And until then, here’s a calming picture

Partly written by @rt262 Smiley Happy

Re: [CHAT] When Life Gets Stressssssssful...

Hi everyone! Welcome to tonight’s Getting Real session with @Lightuptheworld and  

@rt262. We are talking about stress and LOTS of ways to manage it. I’m super excited to hear all of your thoughts and ideas!

Before we get started, some quick housekeeping: please make sure, like always, you stick to the forum guidelines and if at any stage you feel like you need to talk to someone please access more support through emergency help.

Let’s get it started with our first question!

What can make you feel stressed?

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

Hey @Lightuptheworld ! 

What can make you stressed? I'm looking forward to this session, I need some new ideas!

-Family
-uni assignments
-Too many commitments

Hey everyone! =)

• Deadlines
  • Exams
  • Video games
  • Family
  • Cooking
  • Social interactions
  • Friends
  • Deciding on Career paths
  • Decision making.

Pretty much everything that we encounter in our everyday life has the ability to stress us out.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hopefully there'll be plenty of ideas for you @rt262!

Anyone else out there have things that make them feel stressed?

Hey dudes!
Man, school is absolutely crazy. Like, I'm only in year 11 but it's mad at the momet.
And family. Defintely, most certainly family.

@Lightuptheworld  they are some big ones there. School/uni can be a big cause of stress. Is there something about that in particular?

Thinking about too many commitments/lack of time starts to make me feel stressed just reading it too..!

Hey @stonepixie , welcome to the session!

What a good list! Well, good for this session. It seems like stressors can come from all areas! What do you find stressful about cooking?