cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] When Life Gets Stressssssssful...

@dreamcatcher sometimes when I'm so stressed I feel like I don't even have time to sleep! 

Highlighted

Hey guys,

So relevant to me at the moment.

Work is a complete disaster. I never feel in control and no matter how many hours I do, the day is gone in a flash and I have twice as much work as when I started.

On top of that I have to try and get motivated to study when I get home. 

Does anyone have some good time management techniques? I feel like I'm always just all over the place and inconsistent.

Highlighted

DASS = Depression Anxiety Stress Scale @rt262 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Sounds like we're all pretty familiar with stress, but it's not a complete end point. So now we're doing to explore: How can we manage stress in the moment/when it's happening

Highlighted

That's an interesting point @stonepixie . I think that some stress can be good for you, say before the start of a race to get the adrenaline going. What do other people think?

Highlighted

@rt262 wrote:

That's an interesting point @stonepixie . I think that some stress can be good for you, say before the start of a race to get the adrenaline going. What do other people think?

I agree. Sometimes it can be really motivating. As long as it doesn't become too overwhelming.

Highlighted

Hey @nikko welcome to the stress sesh!

That feeling of not having enough time in the day is definitely stressful! During tonight's sesh we are going to look at lots of way to prevent stress and to manage it when it occurs, so stay tuned! 

Highlighted

How can we manage stress in the moment/when it's happening?

Keep pushing on. Relax. Deep breathe. Positive self talk.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

How can we manage stress in the moment/when it's happening

Breathing slowly and scribbling things down can help us manage stress in the moment. I think this one is pretty contextual. Having a time-out or going for a walk - basically, removing yourself from the situation temporarily - could ease the stress in most cases. 

How can we manage stress in the moment/when it's happening

Strategies I've been using the past few weeks have been talking to someone about it, planning my workload to try and help me manage it and  feel less stressed, taking a break to go for a walk/do mindfulness/listen to music, having a glass of water (don't know why but it does help), sitting down and doing a quiet activity (if possible), drawing on paper (like if in a meeting or a class or something), fidgeting... Basically I just try to do calming things and if that's not possible I try to go for things that will distract me until I can get away for some calming down time (like the drawing and fidgeting).