cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] White Ribbon Day & healthy relaiontships

Hi guys

One of the first ways we can help to combat the issue of violence against women is to teach everyone from a young age about what makes up a healthy relationship. Did you ever get taught about this, and if so who from? (School, uni, friend, parent, your own research etc)

I learnt a lot about healthy relationship through church and friends that had solid relationships
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@Sophie-RO That's so true about high-school relationships! For me, my high-school relationships were basically a "What not to do 101' for my future relationships, haha.

Hey @stonepixie - that's so true about emotional abuse.... there are some pretty unhelpful myths about violence that we'll be chatting about later...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@stonepixie I had the same experience! Learned that there were other forms of abuse than physical so much later than anyone should

Hey @redhead - that's awesome you had positive influences through the people around you...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@KitKat i reckon yr not alone there!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@redhead Its awesome that you've had some solid role models in your life Smiley Happy

Hey @stonepixie , thanks for joining us! That's totally fine, make sure you look after yourself! 

I feel like a lot of people don't learn about emotional abuse and it tends to be overlooked a lot, so you're not alone in not knowing about it straight up.I definitely didn't know about it as early as I wish I did. Unfortunately, sometimes it feels like its something people don't find out about until after the fact, or after they have suffered through it for a long time. 

@redhead I love hearing about solid rolemodels! I think it's really cool that some of them came from your community as well!

Awesome to know that you've all learned about healthy (and unhealthy) relationships from that people in you life!

So – what are the types of things that make up a healthy relationship?