cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] White Ribbon Day & healthy relaiontships

@KitKat I've only just learnt that part of what I went through 4 years ago was emotional abuse, but it explains my lack of trust and unwillingness to get involved in relationships.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yup I wanna remind everyone to look after themselves in this convo - especially if you have been affected or are a survivor of abuse... 1800RESPECT is just a click away...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

– what are the types of things that make up a healthy relationship?

• treated with respect
  • takes you seriously
  • praises you instead of tearing you down
  • listens to you
  • You are both putting in 100% to the relationship

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Here is the wheel of equality that domestic violence services to show what a healthy relationship looks like:

equality

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Doesn't try to change or control you and vice versa

@stonepixie 100% agree with all of those, especially the part about respect!

@Sophie-RO What an awesome graphic, I don't think I've seen anything covers what makes up a healthy relationship that well before!

Hey @stonepixie you have no idea how sorry I am to hear that. Definitely keep @Sophie-RO 's link in mind!

I learnt about it in a similar way - experiencing it first hand and learning about it afterwards. I found the support of my friends an amazing help during that time, even though many of them didn't know what was going on. If you do ever feel like you need someone to talk to about it, we're all here at Reach Out!

@Chessca_H wrote:

@Sophie-RO What an awesome graphic, I don't think I've seen anything covers what makes up a healthy relationship that well before!

The "power and control wheel" is pretty well known tool to describe an abusive relationship and the equality wheel was made as the positive side...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

So – what are the types of things that make up a healthy relationship?

+ respect
+ trust
+ openness
+ honesty
+ love
+ honor
+ humility
Etc
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory