cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] White Ribbon Day & healthy relationships

Second last question for the night! Thanks for sticking with us everyone!

A powerful tool for a woman experiencing abuse is to know where they can seek help and support, whether in a formal or informal way. What are some resources, places or people that you know of that could provide this help and support to women who are in an abusive situation?

Re: [CHAT] White Ribbon Day & healthy relaiontships

@KitKat Yes, Emma Watson's speech was so amazing! It's awesome to see so many famous women right now are using their status for good causes Smiley Very Happy

Well here's a handy list!!
http://au.reachout.com/domestic-violence-support

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

A powerful tool for a woman experiencing abuse is to know where they can seek help and support, whether in a formal or informal way. What are some resources, places or people that you know of that could provide this help and support to women who are in an abusive situation?

Your GP

Counselling services

Family and Community Services

Womens Refuges

Family and Friends

Websites

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

1800 RESPECT is really amazing - whether you are in a situation or you are worried about someone else you can webchat 24/7 or call and speak to a counsellor... (domestic or family violence, relationship violence and/or sexual assault)

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I think telling someone you know and trust is a great way to get help and support. It can be pretty hard because you might be worried about how they react, but having someone you can reach really easily and knows you personally can really help with your safety.

it's fantastic that you've all given so many great resources! Time for our last question.

Finally, what’s one small thing you could do this week to help stop violence against women in Australia?

Yep - definitely talking to someone- anyone is an important and brave step anyone in an abusive situation....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Just asking someone "Are you okay?". They may be completely fine, they may not be, they may not want to talk about anything, they may have been waiting for someone to ask. It doesn't hurt to ask someone and it could definitely help them.

I hope everybody has had a good chat so far... This might be the first getting real I have missed in a few months. Usually I can handle hard topics but this sort of domestic violence stuff is one thing I wish I could help others and talk about, but given my background with it it's just too hard. Thanks
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//