cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Work it

@KitKat how perfect is that comic! Smiley Tongue I agree with the importance of a skill set, you need to show them what you are bringing to the table and why you are valuable to them!

Welcome @KitKat 

Experience is a big deal for sure. I imagine if you don't know someone well, experience is one of the only concrete things you can really go by! That being said, it doesn't necessarily mean that people with MORE experience will always be picked so it depends how you present yourself too !

Hi everyone! Really looking forward to this chat Smiley Happy

What do you think employers look for in their ideal candidates for a role?

I definitely agree with experience, but I also think they look for someone who is a good fit with the organisations values and ways of working - I think that is why I got my job.

@benjamin_ That's very true, you might have all the skills in the world and be the best person for the job, but you only really have one chance to prove that to the employer, which is a hard thing to do but if they see you have a wealth of experience behind you then they're much more likely to believe in you

I think that's a great one @delicatedreamer 

I got a new job a couple of weeks ago and I think I got it for a similar reason!

Hey @delicatedreamer Smiley Happy glad you could join us!

That is so true about being a good fit. Especially when you're working closely with a team, being able to work well with everyone is pretty much crucial to doing well on the job so i'm sure that employers would care about it.

that's true @delicatedreamer my employer actually said mine was the best answer he'd heard all day with the "why should I hire you" question in the interview. was funny!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I think employees want people who are contientious and hardworking. But most of all, have a record to prove it, through prior experience.

Hey guys!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@benjamin_ Yeah, so true! At the end of the day it's the way you package yourself up, skill sets, personality and all, and sell yourself to your potential employer.

@delicatedreamer That's so true actually! My last interview some of my questions actually asked me how I displayed specific company values in my every day life and stuff.