cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Work it

@j95 That's true! It can sometimes be pretty difficult to do but it's much more effective Smiley Happy

Gonna keep it moving guys, time for next question!

1. If you were employed and unhappy with your working conditions, how would you try to resolve the issue?

The first thing I would do is try to talk to my manager. If that wasn't a good option, for example, if my manager was part of the issue and I couldn't solve it by talking to them directly, I might try speaking to someone else in a management position such as HR or a supervisor. 

If you were employed and unhappy with your working conditions, how would you try to resolve the issue?

I agree with you @benjamin_ I've heard a lot of stories of people complaining, and they feel like they can't go to their manager or their manager won't help, but they forget that there are other avenues, like HR, who pretty much exist for this sort of stuff! There are people in your company that want to help you, and if it's such a struggle to find them then maybe they're not the best company to work for...

I have a question, I'm hoping someone else can answer. What do you do if you feel you are not being treated fairly at work, have spoken up but nothing has changed? My boss consistently doesn't give me breaks, because we eats on the job so if he's not taking a break, why should everybody else (that's his thinking) but I can't work and eat, He says no I'm not allowed and I find it too hard lol. I need an actual break. I have already said something but no changes :/

Even worse that its hands on labour... tiring as!!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Another thing to note is (if possible) try and submit all your complaints via email, so you have a record of them if they go unattended or you feel like you're being ignored or treating poorly!

Oh I posted that when @benjamin_ was posting the question, funny that.

@j95 That def sounds unfair, you should be entitled to getting breaks on the job. Is there anyone else that you can go to other than your boss to raise the issue? If you're serious about it, is there anyone above him that you could raise it with ?

@j95 It's hard to say without knowing the structure of your work, but have you tried going over the top? Mentioning it to his boss? Or are you part of a union or anything? Maybe try bringing it up one more time, but mention that if it isn't resolved you will have to escalate it. You have rights and you should feel comfortable in your workplace!

Nobody above him @benjamin_ he's the owner and manager

@j95 Well that certainly puts you in a tight spot Smiley Sad and you're not a part of a union? those guys usually fight tooth and nail for their workers to make sure everything is fair