cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Work it

Heeeey @j95  and @Troy Smiley Happy

Hey @Troy welcome!

Experience is def a huge factor for many employers, particularly when the roles are more specialized.

Hey @j95 Smiley Very Happy Welcome!

Welcome @j95 !

haha yep I definately want to add personality. Someone who has high emotional intelligence and 'Gets people'.  Very important for a job that deals with people (which is bascially all jobs, you are dealing with customers, co-workers, your boss etc).

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm a bit late!
I've worked the same part time job for 5 years, I think my employer easy just looking for someone young for cheap labour to be honest!

Hey everyone Smiley Happy

What do you think employers look for in their ideal candidates for a role?

I think they look for 

Ambition

Initiative

Commitment

Personality

I think they also look for confidence and presentable, they want someone who will work well in a team but also by themselves

This is what I think 

Hiya @Bee ! and hello all,

What do you think employers look for in their ideal candidates for a role?

Good comments already made by the team, covering some important qualities indeed! I wanted to add that in addition to the necessary skills and yes, some experience, what is probably most valued by employers are candidates with a great attitude!

Some other things employers are on the lookout for -

Having good communication skills in the interview, coming across confidently, genuine (even if you're a bit nervous, don't worry, they usually see through that) and interested in the job and the company, and wanting to contribute your best, and grow as a person....

haha thanks, hey guys Smiley Happy    (im struggling to refresh my page regularly enough >< ppl so quick! )

@Troy Personality is a great one! Really important if you're working in a people-focused job, everybody has to click to work effectively. Sometimes this can't really be helped, some people just don't click!