cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Workin' hard for the money

What are you really spending your money on?

75% of my money goes to rent (which was includes food) the rest I try to save, but realisticly I spend the rest on toys and takeout.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@jump_in it can be so hard when you're friends earn more! There's all these exciting things people are doing and sometimes you just can't afford it. Coming up with cheaper things to do is pretty neat. I recently went to a roller-skating get together- It was cost-free and hilarious

Highlighted

Yeah, if you can't trust yourself with a credit card, don't get one. The only reason I got one is because I want a credit rating. I barely use it.

I always look out for bargains with clothes shopping too. I'm not a huge fashionista person so I don't care much about brand names. I actually do a lot of my clothes shopping in Melbourne now when I go on holidays. Melbourne have AMAZING shops and I go there often to visit family. I always manage to find lots of bargains in Melbourne!

@jump_in 

I know how you feel i have been  a uni student for longer than i like to admit and everyone has jobs and makes money. and im studying... its so hard sometimes trying to keep up with everyong but also be realistic about how many times you can eat out or go to the movies

@Kel I grew up on op-shop clothes. The last time I did I didn't find anything that fitted nicely. I've gone off op-shopping for a while. I search clearance racks a lot! Smiley Tongue

Mines different each fortnight, over the last week I've bought fuel, shoes, magnets, food (lunch with friends can be expensive!) and that's over $50 just there!

EDIT: (How could I forget!?) A lot of my pay goes into rent/board for home as I live with my parents. They do so much for me financially! <3

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Kel I'm never organised enough to go op-shopping. I don't really keep cash on me and when I do, I leave too late to go to the op shops.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

i can hear alot of people saying food which i like, but also basic nessessitites. its so hard finding the balance.

food/morgage/bills/insurance/TAFE  fees and the rest get left in an account for emergancies or renos on the house + pocket money to enjoy

How could I forget? My pay also goes towards rent.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Chonty, wow! Maybe you should sell or donate some items you don't use often? (that's an idea I might look into actually Smiley Tongue )

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart