cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: ZZZZZZleep!

@delicatedreamer  i agree totally, if i also consciously set times for sleep i find it changes my mood for the best and improves my daily mind frame 

Highlighted

Yes!

Have you noticed changes in your mood or the quality of your day when you have changed your sleep routine?

Setting a time to sleep and a time to wake up is really important for me. If i dont set an alarm I could sleep til next thursday, and then I wake up feeling as groggy if I hadnt had enough sleep

Did you know that sunlight and darkness or night tells our body when to release certain hormones and chemicals telling us when to wake up, when to feel hungry and when to be tired. Like when you see a movie in the middle of the day and you walk out like ?!?! Huh? its daytime? haha

Highlighted

Have you noticed changes in your mood or the quality of your day when you have changed your sleep routine?

I notice changes from when I've been having sleep and when I haven't. I'm more irritable, need to be alone more, my MH symptoms are more servere, don't have any motivation to do anything and I don't seem to eat as much.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

> Changing my sleep routine does change my mood and my day but it usually doesn't last that long. I'm usually more relaxed when I change my sleep routine or sometimes, even more tired! Having a good night's sleep, even just a few, would still be  the early stages in sleep improvement. 

The first thing my mental health team asks when I'm not doing well is how have you been sleeping. Usually they are right. When there are changes to my sleep my mental health is affected.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

I get sadder easier when I am lacking in sleep. And my temper fuse is shorter than it usually is.
Highlighted

Do you have tactics to help you relax when and fall asleep when you are feeling anxious @delicatedreamer 

Have you tried smiling mind meditation!? its AWESOME! You could give those a go in general not just before bed

Highlighted

@delicatedreamer Have you tried mindfulness?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

So now that we have figured what in our environment keeps us from beautiful slumber, what can we do to change it?

How can you improve your sleeping environment?

Highlighted

How can you improve your sleeping environment?

Blocking out light and sound, set your bed as a place for sleep only, have a comfortable pillow.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire