cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: ZZZZZZleep!

@delicatedreamer Yeah I am also guilty of not using it as much as I could or should

Writing your stresses down is a really good idea!

And winding down time is also really important, I think sometimes im busy busy busy and then Im like okay sleep now plz and when I cant instantaneously its easy to get frustrated!

Maybe I should set aside half an hour before I want to go to bed and just chill and do some mindfullness techniques!

Highlighted

@stonepixie  have you tried peppermint tea i find it very beneficial it's also very soothing

Highlighted

@m-y93 I love peppermint tea, or chamomile.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

What are some of the reasons we cant get to sleep when even our environment is ideal? 

eg stress, thinking alot etc

Highlighted

@m-y93 no I haven't. The current tea I have is a blend of chamomile, mint and some other fancy stuff. It just smells devine.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

How can you improve your sleeping environment?

> Going shopping for new bedding as well as new pillows. Smiley Happy Flipping the mattress every now and again also helps

wow, there are so many techniques that I've never thought of. 

@stonepixie  what is sleepytime tea? sorry, if im being ignorant Smiley Tongue 

How can you improve your sleeping environment? 

Turning off my laptop and phone notifications before going to brush my teeth. I keep getting distracted and time flies away! 

I have my teddy bear for cuddles when I can't sleep or I write in my diary - about whats bothering me and what I could do about it or a pep talk (if its outside my control) but when im anxious about something that's going to happen to tomorrow (assessments or interviews) not much works. 

Highlighted

@m-y93 One word: ANXIETY! And yes, I do have a sleep journal. Smiley Sad I just can't switch off. 

It's mainly because I start writing in my journal and then my depression kicks in and I don't have the will to write in it anymore and then I'll be able to write in it and then not. It's a vicious cycle.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Sometimes I cant sleep if Im thinking too much about the day or things that have happened recently

Its hard once you think a little not to just go on a huge thinking detour and your brain kind of forgets what its supposed to be doing - SLEEPING!

Some things I like to do when this happens is imagine all my limbs one by one getting heavy and relaxed and then (I cant remember where I learn this or if this is really weird haha but it usually works) I imagine a warm ball of light in my body spreading down each limb to the tip of my toes and fingers and then you can feel yourself getting heavy and relaxing. Then I try and focus on my whole body getting deeper and deeper into sleep until i feel like I am riiiiiiight on the edge of sleepsville

Highlighted

@stonepixie  that sounds unfortunate have you tried writing the positives in your diary instead of the negatives and see how that works out for you? trying positive mindfulness