cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] alcohol + drugs = ????

Ok, next question!

What kinds of experiences have you had with alcohol and drugs? Do you regret these experiences, or is it all in the past? Please don't forget the guidelines!

This kind of reminds me when I was in High School. I never drank and obviously never did any drugs. Everyone thought I was weird and a goody two shoes and got shocked when I showed up at a yr 12 after party with alcohol.

Someone got a photo of me with alcohol in my hands and used it in the slide show for our awards / formal night. They all turned to look at me to see if I would get into trouble off my parents for drinking. To their disappointment, I didn't.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie - haha I'm not sure how to respond to that, but good thing you didn't get in trouble! Hopefully it was a good night. I didn't go to the 'big' after party for my formal (did my own thing), but apparently there were a few people who went crazy who were never really known for being big drinkers. Alcohol changes people!

Highlighted

What kinds of experiences have you had with alcohol and drugs? Do you regret these experiences, or is it all in the past? Please don't forget the guidelines!

Ohmygosh I could write a novel for this question haha. I have so many fun memories of backyard/camping/pub parties that I don't think I could regret a lot of things! I met so many friends (and also my fiance :3 ) through social outings involving drinks. But! The two bones I've ever broken were because of alcohol, as well as three sprained ankles. Not to mention waking up in the morning to texts from ex's that were completely shame inducing haha

So I do regret some things, but a lot of the experiences were good :]

@stonepixie it's a shame that not drinking can somtimes land you with unfair labels. At least you didn't get in trouble from your parents!

Oh wow, Chonty, tales from both sides! It's great to get both sides of the picture though, it can help you out in the future (knowing what to do and what not to do). 

I also have loads of good memories! That said, the most embarassing moments of my life involved alcohol. I try not to regret too much in my life (after all, I wouldn't be who I am without those experiences) but it's hard not to look back and just cringe a little...

What kinds of experiences have you had with alcohol and drugs? Do you regret these experiences, or is it all in the past? 

I've had good and bad experiences with alcohol. I've made heaps of friends and had awesome nights out on the town because I'm not editting myself whilst on alcohol.

However, I've had some bad experiences as well. I've had a few melt downs where I got really angry quicker than what I would have if I was sober and I've also been assaulted. 

Most things I don't regret, and others have been left in the past (heaps of hook-ups) but I am currently working through the assault with my psych and dr.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Let's roll onnn

Alcohol seems to bring up a lot of darker emotions in some people, while other people seem to just get happier. What's the deal with that? (channelling my inner Seinfeld here!)

@Chonty and @Magga, the party was a few weeks before my 18th and my parents were the ones that brought me the alcohol anyway. At that stage, I was used to the labels, so it didn't bother me.

Alcohol seems to bring up a lot of darker emotions in some people, while other people seem to just get happier. What's the deal with that? (channelling my inner Seinfeld here!)

I swear it also has something to do with what alcohol you drink as well! I know that if an ex drank this certain spririt he was cranky as hell, and wanted to pick fights with everyone haha. 

But I think generally it has a lot to do with how you were feeling before you started drinking. If you've had a bad day you might end up crying into your wine glass, if you've had a good day you might end up telling everyone "I love you so much man"