cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] alcohol + drugs = ????

Alcohol seems to bring up a lot of darker emotions in some people, while other people seem to just get happier. What's the deal with that? (channelling my inner Seinfeld here!)

There are probably all kinds of reasons, psychologically (and biologically) speaking. I think it's mainly a reaction to the social situation though - if you're having a bad night, adding alcohol to the mix is only going to make things worse. On the other hand, if you're having a great night alcohol can help that! I try to avoid drinking when I know I'm in a bad mood, it can only end in sadness.

Great minds think alike @Magga haha

It's always a good idea to not drink when you're already low. Alcohol can act as a depressent right?

@stonepixie - well that's good! Glad you were able to ignore them and get on with your night, that's the best way to go Smiley Happy

@chonty - haha that's so true, I've definitely done the 'I love you man' thing...I'm not usually aggressive when I drink, but I remember I once drank something and felt pretty angry and snappy for the rest of the night. I wonder if that had to do with it?

Alcohol seems to bring up a lot of darker emotions in some people, while other people seem to just get happier. What's the deal with that?

I've always just thought that alcohol makes you more you. If that makes sense. It is like you, unedited. So if you want to know how true a person is, pay attention to the way they behave when they are drunk. I become a very happy drunk that tends to ask for heaps of hugs off people I already know.

But it also depends on why they are drinking. If it is to numb the pain or to forget something, it can bring out the darker emotions. Afterall, alcohol is a depressant.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie, agreed - the 'more you' thing makes total sense. I'm usually a bit like you, just happy and friendly, so that's a good thing!

Happy drunks are the best, amirite?!

Sorry @Chonty, I don't get your Seinfeld reference.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Haha definitely!

Alcohol seems to bring up a lot of darker emotions in some people, while other people seem to just get happier. What's the deal with that?

Actually I wan't to add in that the day after always seems worse? I think maybe it's just the way alcohol works, but if I'm in a bad mood and I drink, the next morning seems so much harder!

You are so right! Smiley Tongue