cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] alcohol + drugs = ????

@stonepixie more people do need to get involved :[ but you guys have made it awesome anyway :]

What will you take away from tonight’s session? Have your opinions changed at all?

My opinions towards drugs and alcohol have not changed at all. But the thing I have taken away from this session is to look after those you care about, especially if it is their first time experiencing things.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie -  no problem, we're just glad you're here! Thanks for taking part tonight Smiley Happy

I wouldn't say my opinions have changed too much, but that's ok. From tonight, I'll be taking some advice - if you're going to drink/try drugs, be safe and make sure you're around people you trust. Seems like the best way to go Smiley Happy

8 - What will you take away from tonight’s session? Have your opinions changed at all?

My opinions haven't changed, but they've been reinforced by the fact that drinking can be fun, in moderation. We just need to know when enough is enough, and shouldn't feel pressured into doing anything we don't want tooo

What will you take away from tonight’s session? Have your opinions changed at all?  My opinions haven't really changed. Mainly because I already believe in safe drinking, such and such and such... Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

No worries @Chonty and @Magga. Thanks for facilitating tonight. And thanks @N1ghtW1ng for popping in and not leaving me the only non mod taking part in tonight. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Interesting to see that there were no changed opinions, but you all seem to be aware of the pros and cons of alcohol and act in a safe way, so that's ok! We're just about to wrap up - I hope you've all had a good night!

Thanks for joining in you guys! Here's a bit of a re-cap

1. Seems like we have a bit of a love hate relationship with alcohol! We love to drink it, but hate the bad consequences that come along if we overindulge. Drugs don’t seem to be accepted as much, especially the hard kind, but soft drugs aren’t always horrible.

2. The thrill of doing something illegal, the competition to drink the most grog and just the general expectancy of partying hard all lend to the irresistibility of teenage drinking and drugging (drugging?) It also looks like Australia has made things a little too accessible for our teenagers, and maybe the laws should be a little less slack.

3. Experiences can go either way, it seems. There’s been some awesome fun and adventures to be had with alcohol, but there are also those nights you wish you really could forget. There’s some days we do regret, but even if they were a little shame inducing, they still contributed to who we are today, right?

4. We can all agree that drinking in a bad mood will most likely only increase your bad mood. A good point was made that when you drink, you might become an ‘unedited’ version of yourself. It also looks like alcohol works as a bit of a depressant when you’re not in a good mood already.

5. The older we get the more we seem to back off on drinking to excess. It’s all pretty exciting to begin with, but after a while we settle in to being responsible! Maybe raising the drinking age wouldn’t have much effect, but at least it doesn’t look like the irresponsible stage lasts for too long :3

6. Stricter drinking laws, more police involvement and just generally realising that drinking and drug taking can lead to unpleasant situations may help in advertising the dangers of drugs and alcohol. Advertisement and awareness can also help in informing youths of the dangers, and help in getting us on the same page about drinking respectfully.

7. Looks like being with people you trust, and making sure you know what you’re getting into is some pretty solid advice. Be smart and stay safe! We’re not saying it’s the worst thing to do, we just want you to keep safe either way (inlove)

8. Stand your ground when it comes to peer pressure! Also, keeping your environments safe and fun can help, and look after your friends if they need help

Hope you all have a sweet as night :]

Enjoy all your nights! Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks to everyone for taking part! And thanks to Chonty for being an awesome co-facilitator. There have been some great opinions in here tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your week, hope to see you back here next week!