cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] alcohol + drugs = ????

@chonty - oh yea? As in hungover, or just in a bad mood?

Chonty wrote:

Actually I wan't to add in that the day after always seems worse? I think maybe it's just the way alcohol works, but if I'm in a bad mood and I drink, the next morning seems so much harder!

True. I remember when I was first starting to recover from depression, I missed the feeling of being so low that I would drink, just so as I could feel that low the next day. Thankfully, I am past that stage now.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@magga bad mood in general haha. It just seems like it makes getting out of bed harder and you spend most of the day wondering about the night before! "What did I do? Ohmygod I did what? Nope. Not getting up." I hope I'm not alone in this one Smiley Tongue

@Magga You just need to know how to handle a hangover! Replace all the B Vitamins and water your body has used up and you should be sweet!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I think you've brought up a pretty valid point though. Drinking when you're depressed might not seem like it's the best idea to the outside world, but when it's personal things can get more complicated that just "not drinking"

@chonty - haha I'm not sure I've ever been in that position - not yet! Doesn't sound very enjoyable Smiley Tongue

@stonepixie - so glad you made it through that! That's definitely not a great way to use alcohol. Hope you're doing better now Smiley Happy

By the way, time to move on to the next question!

For those of you who are over 18, how has 'being legal' affected your opinions on drinking?

The stories from the 'What did I do?' nights are always the best. I just shrug my shoulders, shudder a little and move on.

Hello guys! Just coming to study and procrasting then realising its Monday night! Not missing another one so here you go!

First of all, how do you all feel about alcohol and drugs? Have your experiences shaped your opinions? On my mum's side of the family they are drinkers (except my mum) and my dad's a drinker a bit too. I don't like the idea of alcohol or drugs at all really. I respect people who use alcohol considerably and use medical drugs. But I personally don't like either.

What is it about alcohol and other drugs that make them so irresistible to teens and young adults? Should more be done to prevent teens from having such easy access to alcohol? The idea of having that euphoric moment, that "high" draws teenagers and young adults in. More should be done to prevent teens from having easy access to alcohol, but I'm not sure what. 

What kinds of experiences have you had with alcohol and drugs? Do you regret these experiences, or is it all in the past? Please don't forget the guidelines! Sorry guys! I accidently drank some orange juice my dad had spiked. Smiley Sad But aside from that nothing.

Alcohol seems to bring up a lot of darker emotions in some people, while other people seem to just get happier. What's the deal with that? Everyone reacts differently to alcohol I guess depending on how they are feeling. Hormones or stuff like that I guess. 

Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

For those of you who are over 18, how has 'being legal' affected your opinions on drinking?

For like the first few months after turning 18 it was so exciting being able to buy alcohol and being able to go clubbing that it was fantastic! Now that I'm older and reading this question I realise how intagrated these things are haha. I can't imagine not being allowed to buy alcohol or go to a pub. I think 18 is definitly the lowest age people should be before they start drinking, and now that I'm a bit older and have done everything I actually think raising the age to 21 would be a good idea. 

Does that make be an old foddy?