cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] alcohol + drugs = ????

For those of you who are over 18, how has 'being legal' affected your opinions on drinking?

Appart from me now drinking, not really. But with age, I no longer want to get smashed every weekend and I would prefer sitting around a camp fire drinking over going into town.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie - seems like the best way to deal with it! That's pretty much what I do too.

Hi N1ghtw1ng! Welcome to the GR session Smiley Happy Thanks for your responses. Awesome to have a non-drinker's perspective by the way! Totally understanding not drinking, I mean it can be fun, but it has major consequences if done wrong.

Yay! Hello @N1ghtW1ng 

I'm really impressed with your attitude towards alcohol and drugs :] 

I reckon sometimes when most of your family are drinkers, you're kind of expected to drink as well. Pretty much all of my family drink, and when you don't they seem confused!

Did you have any pressure like that?

@stonepixie campfires are pretty fantastic! 

Especially now that it's winter

For those of you who are over 18, how has 'being legal' affected your opinions on drinking?

I'm not sure I'd want the drinking age raised to 21, I was pretty happy to be able to drink legally when I hit 18. I tend to be fairly responsible though, there are loads of people who don't grow up until they're much older...maybe not going out until 21 would do them good! Smiley Tongue

Personally, I prefer to just have a few drinks at home with friends, I've never been into clubbing. Pubs are alright, but busy nights just don't do it for me. Sitting around a campfire sounds great to me, stonepixie!

@Magga @Chonty
Smiley Very Happy
Well, I am also underage but I'm a year and a bit away from being legally allowed to drink.
I don't go to any parties with school classmates so that peer pressure doesn't happen.
I'm not a huge fan of my family so any pressure from them I'll brush off and ignore. I don't exactly bow down to pressure so to speak.

@stonepixie campfires are so very awesome, like @Chonty said, especially now that it's winter Smiley Happy

@nightwing - good work, stay strong! Do you think you'll be interested in going out to clubs and bars when you turn 18, or do you prefer hanging out at home?

I like that idea, @Magga. You can legally drink at 18 but can't legally go clubbing until your 21. How many incidents will that save? How many people have had their nights ruined by someone who is a newbie at drinking and going out?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@N1ghtW1ng preeetty awesome resiliance you show there Smiley Happy