cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Every body is a good body - how to be kind to yourself and look after your health!

We’ve all been there, whether it’s on New Year’s Eve making a resolution or just a well meant goal any other day of the year, thinking to ourselves “You know what? I’m going to start eating healthy and working out!” With this newfound commitment, we dive in headfirst.

Gr1.png

Flash forward a day/week/month and most of us have fallen off the wagon. But why does this happen?

Gr2.png

In my own experience of trying to get healthy, I’ve spent a lot of time going for the “all or nothing” approach. I’d throw away all of the junk food in my house, restrict myself to exclusively clean eating and try to work out nearly everyday. Naturally, this didn’t last very long and I would end up feeling crap about myself.

Gr3.png

This isn’t an uncommon story, in a world where fitsperation and the “no pain no gain” mentality are becoming increasingly popular it can be difficult to not get lost in it all. What this kind of culture doesn’t tell us is while having a healthy body is important, being mentally and emotionally healthy is just as important. Going for a run and eating veggies can be a form of self care, but so can having a slice of pizza and sitting down to watch a movie.

gr4.png

The key to being healthy physically, emotionally and mentally is balance, feeling guilty because you ate some junk food and feeling self-conscious about your body because it doesn’t fit into society’s idea of “fit” isn’t going to be good for you in the long run. It’s important to find what works for you, not just doing what you’re told you should be doing.

gr5.png

Every body, whether skinny, fat, muscular or somewhere in between, is worthy of being treated with respect, love and kindness.

gr6.png

Want to know more about how you can develop healthy habits while still being kind to yourself? Come and join us on November 2nd, 8pm AEST, where we’ll chat about balancing emotional and mental health when you’re getting fit!

Highlighted

Re: Every body is a good body - how to be kind to yourself and look after your health!

Hey everybody! 

Highlighted

Re: Every body is a good body - how to be kind to yourself and look after your health!

Happy Monday Everyone! Welcome to tonight's GR session (and my first!) where we will be talking about Every Body is a good body - how to be kind to yourself and look after your health! @Chessca_H and I will facilitating the discssuion around maintaining positive habits whilst on the way to improving overall health and wellbeing.

If you haven't already done so have a look at our community guidelines before you join in on the discussion. If at any point you feel you need some extra support, take a look at the emergency help resources which can be found in the top right corner of your page.

And to start off with our first question is all about you!

1. Part of being kind to yourself while getting healthy is indulging once in a while! What’s one thing you have to treat yo’ self?
Highlighted

hey everyone, look forward to tonight's sesh! Smiley Very Happy

1. Part of being kind to yourself while getting healthy is indulging once in a while! What’s one thing you have to treat yo’ self?

There's a food place near my house that does a thing with chunky potato chips covered in mozerella cheese and all sorts of other amazingness, it's pretty much my go to indulgence meal because its literally the best meal on earth Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Well that just sounds amazing @Chessca_H!

My idea of treating myself is a nice relaxing bath with a delicious bath bomb and a magazine!

Highlighted

tys

Highlighted

I love to go to the shops near my house, I buy this thing of sushi with heaps of salmon in it and a giant chocolate thickshake. Then i sit in this little park that nobody seems to know about and eat it while i read a book. 

Whenever i have a particularly long day or work a weekend, i make sure i do that afterwards as a bit of a reward and for some reason it's the best thing ever for my brain Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@mimbochi that sounds awesome! I have a Lush bath bomb that I'm saving to use when I'm finished with exams for the semester Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

bath1.gif

Highlighted

Hey, hey! 

Goodluck on your first GR, @mimbochi, I'm sure you'll be great. Smiley Happy

Part of being kind to yourself while getting healthy is indulging once in a while! What’s one thing you have to treat yo’ self?

Laying in bed all day binge watching netflix. Hahaha. Food wise, kebab place down at my local shopping centre. Nom nom. Or the best pies I have ever tasted! I waited 20 mins one time for a fresh batch at the shops once. Was well worth the wait.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ