cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone is creative, right?

To me being creative is being artistic, musical; it is seeing things in an innovative and original way. By that definition I am not creative, in fact I was once asked not to display my year eight art because my painting was ‘too hard to understand’. Just so you know we had to draw something that made us happy- I painted a canvas blue and said ‘water’ made me happy, I thought A+ for effort they thought not!

monaL

Anyway, high school grudges aside people use the word creative in relation to me in… creative ways, such as “what a creative car park!” or “that’s a creative way of cooking pasta”. Most of the time I think they might be making fun of my obscure way of getting things done, but may I remind you they are the ones who used the word “creative” not me. I am jealous of anyone who can draw more than a lop sided love heart and a daisy flower. I wish when I got bored I could just start drawing, or playing an instrument…

But can creativity be more than just the ability to paint or play an instrument? I believe some people express creativity through their energy or in the way they think and behave, and by that definition maybe we can all be creative.

1d

(Harry Styles)

I know firsthand that @SJG is creative in the most obvious sense; she has mentioned it on the forums before and I have seen her work, in fact I own a piece. So on Monday join myself and @SJG to see how one very uncreative person (myself) and one very creative person @SJG, navigate the world of creativity.

Whether you can draw, cook, organise well, tell jokes, write well, or even park your car well, Join us on Monday at 8pm.

Re: Everyone is creative, right?

Hey all, welcome! I hope you’re ready for another tonights GR sesh with myself and the amazing @SJG 

Topic of the week is (drum rollllll) BEING CREATIVE!

As per usual, we do have forum guidelines so please play by the rules. And always make sure you take care of yourself, if you’re feeling upset at all tonight please check out the emergency help tab in the top right hand corner.

Ready, set, go (as inspired by the commonwealth games)

First question...

How would you define a creative person? What sorts of things do they do?

Hellooooo everybody!!! Welcome to tonights session! 

For me creativity is a way of thinking and behaving, and then there are things that creative people do such as create art or play music, however i think there can be people who do those things who arent necessarily creative! 

I think creative people are good at arty, and making things look pretty or innoative. I think they do things like study design, or arty, or are musical or are into performing!! And of course wear really cool trendy clothes... 

@EloiseRose wrote:

@Hey all, welcome! I hope you’re ready for another tonights GR sesh with myself and the amazing @SJG 

Topic of the week is (drum rollllll) BEING CREATIVE!

As per usual, we do have forum guidelines so please play by the rules. And always make sure you take care of yourself, if you’re feeling upset at all tonight please check out the emergency help tab in the top right hand corner.

Ready, set, go (as inspired by the commonwealth games)

First question...

I think that a creative person can be defined in two ways. Firstly, I think a creative person can be someone who is is interested in and expresses themselves through creative mediums (e.g. art, dance and music), but I think a creative person can also be someone who is creative in how they problem-solve and think about everyday things (if that makes sense).

Hi everyone.  It's been a while since I jumped in on a GR session, but I missed this place a little and I liked the topic tonight (also I often just forget it's on on Monday's).

Well I'm going to answer this question a little in relation to how I work creatively:

- create without attachment.

- connection with the work being created - like mindfulness

- see beauty in everyday life

And I mean, they can do anything, write, paint, draw, sew etc....

Hey @delicatedreamer !! good to see you here again, and totally agree about the problem solving, creative people are definitely lateral thinkers 

Hey @_sagira_ !! Super glad you are back Smiley Happy The topic is really interesting! I can tell you are a creative person in the way you answered that question!! Great points 

@delicatedreamer and @_sagira_ 

Hey Guys! I had a dream that I completely missed this GR session! That bummed me out until I looked at the time. Cat Happy

To me, a creative person is someone who lets their imagination run wild. They might not neccasarily be particularly good at anything, but an awesome imagination is key to creativeness. To me, a creative person is someone who writes stories, paints / draws pictures, makes a sculpture, Makes some music. All the stuff that one would consider to be creative, but I also think that people who are awesome problem solvers are creative as well. Sure a problem solver has to use logic, but they have to be creative in there thinking.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ