cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Everyone is creative, right?

hey @j95 Welcome to the session! And i think everybody can be creative, its just finding what you are creative at! The fact that you find this conversation interesting means that you have some creative vibes going on!

@SJG yeh i get what mean - my boyfriend owns a fashion store and i think that is super creative. but i would never say him as a person was creative if that makes sense? So maybe in essence some things can be both conventional and obscure just depends what you do with it

@stonepixie Good idea re:colour!

@EloiseRose I like your angle re: parking and cleaning.  Smiley Wink

@SJG haha... wise??  Smiley Tongue  I'm not really...although my psych did tell me in my last session, 'you know you don't have to sound like a professor all the time!'  haha...I totally disagreed with her on that.

@j95 Maybe being involved tonight may spark and inspire you to try something new.  Smiley Happy

@Maddi_1995 i love that line.... creativeness is good for the BRAIN

"it is an outlet of emotion" @Maddi_1995 i love this

Do you think that there might be conventional ways to be creative and then there might be more obscure ways? What's an example of each? (what about instagram, journalling or fashion - where do these things fit? Are they creative?)

Anyone can take a picture and add a filter. But it takes a creative person to think about what it looks like, if the picture is worth posting, what sort of light would look good, etc ...

I've tried journalling many times, but I don't think my creativeness is conveyed through this method. My writing is too ... I don't know the word ... but definitely not creative.

One most definitely needs to be creative to be a fashion designer. Then there are those who carefully plan out what they are going to wear. Then there is me, I just throw on whatever. I never used to care whether or not it looked good together, but I've gotten better with it.

I tend to think that the conventional methods are the ones that people normally associate with the word creative and the obscure ones are the creative ideas that need logic to make things work.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Very True, anyone can be creative!

while my friends see me as creative because im artsie, i think that being creative simply means to be thinking about something in a way not usually associated with that topic. it may be to help you learn it for a test or a new way of approaching an old problem.

also, i think that all forms of art and music are creative. unless there is a certain aspect in like a marking criteria, then no form of art should be called 'wrong'. art in all forms is mearly an expression of a person's thoughts/feelings and should be embraced for the courage needed to communicate this

@SJG wrote:

Already getting some creative answers here! Next question is..

Do you think that there might be conventional ways to be creative and then there might be more obscure ways? What's an example of each? (what about instagram, journalling or fashion - where do these things fit? Are they creative?)

I would agree with that. I think that convential ways of being creative are the obvious ones (e.g. the creative arts of visual art, drama, and music) while obscure ways of being creative can include fashion (e.g. for me I try to be creative about what I wear and the combination of hair style, make up and clothing), baking and even paid work (e.g. in my job I need to come up with creative ways to engage children in meaningful therapeutic activity). 

@_sagira_  hahaha disagreeing sounds exactly like something a professor would do! 

in a simple sense- this convosation ( both topic, answers and computer innovation) is creative!