cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Everyone is creative, right?

Do you consider yourself creative or not-creative?? What are the things that have happened to make you think that?

Yes absolutely.

I tend to bake a lot (and im pretty good) so I am constantly coming up with new cupcake topping designs and ideas.

I also write a lot of poetry when the mood strikes me (which I have been told is pretty good,but its just me putting emotion onto paper without editing).

I am also a Uni student living in a tiny campus room, just fitting stuff in the room without letting it look a mess is creativity at its finest.

Do you consider yourself creative or not-creative?? What are the things that have happened to make you think that?

I think i am creative in two ways, in the conventional sense (i do a lot of illustration) but also in the way i think, which is often described as "weird", but i think thats a good thing! But not everyone understands creative lines of thought

lol!!! @EloiseRose im in your house right now and you are def creative!!!

@j95 wrote:

I used to be very good at painting when I was younger. I would spend as much time as I could at the school art room drawing and painting peices of art because I couldn't at home, wasn't allowed. But once my Dad found out I was made to feel pretty ashamed about it and had any of my art destroyed. So I haven't gone down that path in 3 or 4 years... 

Smiley Sad  Sorry to hear that.  That's really awful and would have been quite traumatic to see him do that to your art.  Maybe you can reconnect with it sometime again.

@Maddi_1995 ok if i take a page of your book - I'm great at baking ( yeh i am haha ) and i can creatively tidy my room as well ... so maybe i am creative

Quite a few people have trouble following my lines of thought, @SJG. It is certainly not straight, I'm not even sure if it is zig-zagged. I just know that it is all over the place, but makes perfect sense to me. Cat Very Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@j95 Im so sorry to hear that, sounds pretty tough. But i encourage you to try and keep it up if there is somewhere safe you can do this, its a great way to express yourself and gain insight. Perhaps these experiences will inform your future work?

@SJG wrote:

I think i am creative in two ways, in the conventional sense (i do a lot of illustration) but also in the way i think, which is often described as "weird", but i think thats a good thing! But not everyone understands creative lines of thought

Oh yeah... the 'weird' thing and you're right...not everyone gets it.

@EloiseRose wrote:
@Maddi_1995 ok if i take a page of your book - I'm great at baking ( yeh i am haha ) and i can creatively tidy my room as well ... so maybe i am creative

OMG...I love baking too!  I always get so much joy of making fancy desserts and watching people eat and enjoy them.  Oh and yes, I agree...organisation is creative.

I think I am creative, because I have always engaged in a lot of hobbies that are traditionally considered creative (e.g. playing music, painting, drawing and drama) and because I try to be creative in how I think about, do and present things in my daily life and at work and uni.