cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [FUN GR] - 31 DEC - NEW YEARS EVE

3. What is something you've achieved this year that you are proud of?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hmm...favorite book would probably have to go to The Book of Lost Things, by John Connolly. For the record, I didn't actually read it this year (I'd read it several years ago), but 2018 was the year I finally managed to get someone else to read it and introduce them to Connolly's writing - which again, I think brought us a bit closer as friends and the topic it raised about reading interests and favored books/genre's gave us something to chat about after kinda disappearing on one another for several months in the way that life tends to enforce when your career goes on one path, and theirs down another.

That's a bit of a cheat though, so I'll probably throw another title in there - Your Life In My Hands - by Rachel Clarke, a memoir by a doctor documenting her work in the UK's NHS medical system (and more specifically, how the NHS is being gutted by their politicians). Memoirs aren't everyone's favorite genre, but honestly, there's just something magical in the way that Clarke writes that's wonderfully empathetic and moving. While it's decidedly biased and partisan, she's so incredibly effective at stirring your heartstrings and plucking them to her tune that you kinda have to give her credit, despite the obvious manipulation that's taking place. Highly recommend giving it a read (or a listen on the audiobook, the narrator they got is damned good too).

Those are interesting books @Asche! Probably not for me but I'm glad you were able to connect more with someone through them Smiley Happy

I've made some very important progress with my psychologist this year! The big one of being able to get through a session and engage without having sent an email beforehand. Sure sometimes I still write things down but I find it easier to show her now or to talk about things. This is a big thing for me because when I first started seeing her I would still end up in panic attacks from just being in the room. 

I feel like this gif sums up my reaction when I realised I got through the first session without having sent an email the night prior!

Also having flown to Sydney by myself twice this year! My most recent one being on crutches and in a moon boot! It was more daunting because there was everything else along with protecting my foot Smiley Happy

Highlighted

This year I worked my butt off for school cause last year wasn't so great & I improved my year ranking from somewhere in the 30s to 2nd. I like NEVER thought that would be possible tbh.

Oof this one's going to be hard...

I can't really think of... oh wait. I am immensely proud of myself for the progress I've made this year. I don't feel like I've made any progress, but thanks to a fabulous opportunity, I can actually talk on the phone. 

Negative thoughts can go burn in a furnace, I AM awesome, I AM fabulous and I ROCK! ;

(I already used this gif elsewhere tonight but it fits Smiley Wink)

Image result for animated tipping hat gif

OH MY GOSH @unwind THAT'S AMAZING!!! Well done!!!! It's well deserved for all the work you've put in, ahh I'm so amazed!! That's such an amazing improvement!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

@Bee WOOO GO YOU!!! You're fabulous Smiley Wink

Go you @unwind!! Smiley Happy

@unwind wooo good you! That is an amazing achievement! Heart

Woop woop time for question number four!! 

4. Do you watch the cricket in January? And if you don't, do you have any other plans for the new year?
Jiminy Cricket GIF