cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [FUN GR] - 31 DEC - NEW YEARS EVE

Final question of the night!!! A little bit of New Years Resolutions Smiley Tongue 

6. What is one (or two, no limit) thing you'd like to achieve by this time next year? 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks @N1ghtW1ng, I'm looking forward to finishing and seeing what happens from there Smiley Happy

6. What is one (or two, no limit) thing you'd like to achieve by this time next year? 

I would like to be employed Smiley Tongue

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Next year I have the chance to throw my hat in the ring to become school captain, and I'm actually considering it. I'd have to give a speech which is a bigggggg thing (I hate speeches as much as everyone else does) but I feel like it would really boost my self-esteem at school & I'll feel more comfortable.

Another thing I would like to achieve is to become more social. I want to try make friends outside of school that I can hang out with regularly.

I thought I might share what I want to achieve next year. And that's actually getting help, seeing someone regularly. I keep putting it off and off and off but at the start of next year, (when everyone gets off their new year holiday break Smiley Tongue) I'm going to go to somewhere, and find someone I'll see regularly. 

Then I'll go from there Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Something to look forward to @Bee Smiley Very Happy

@unwind school captain sounds like an excellent goal! So does being more social Smiley Happy YOU CAN DO IT! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

That's so great @N1ghtW1ng!! It's comforting to know that someone else is doing the same as me at the start of the year. I'm nervous about it now but I'm 110% sure that in the long-run it will be a great decision for both of us Smiley Happy

Definitely @unwind Smiley Happy It's something I've tried before but I think I need to stick with it for longer than I have for it to actually have an effect, and I think if I see someone new, it'll be easier to get that "fresh start" I want when seeing someone.
We'll both nail it Smiley Wink

Keep breathing? Hahahah. But no, seriously I think I've made progress with keeping in touch with friends and learning to keep things in perspective this year, but there's definitely still room to improve. I'm still prone to tunnel-visioning - which can admittedly be helpful in moderation, but historically that's not something that I've been great at, and I need to be mindful to keep up the good habits I've developed this year so I don't end up backsliding.

that sounds great @unwind & @N1ghtW1ng! They sound like very doable and positive goals! Smiley Happy

Thank you to everyone for joining us tonight @N1ghtW1ng @Asche @annabethxchase @unwind @litgym And anyone else I may have forgotten (sorry)
I've put together a bit of a summary of tonight! (We used to do them ages ago so thought it was apt to bring them back, so that's what I've been doing tonight Smiley Tongue)

1. Something that made you smile in 2018   
Support from RO, Teaching a younger cousin to swim and them swimming by themselves, NINJAGO! KHL, KESHA!

Related image

This amazing achievement by @Asche

DSC_1143.jpg

2. What is your favourite book or movie or song or memory from 2018? 

Books: Jonathon Thurstons autobiography, Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Magnus Chase, The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly, Your Life In My Hands by Rachel Clarke,

Colouring Books Botanicum from Maria Trolle or Jewellery Box by Hanna Karlzon

Movies: To All the boys I've loved before, Love Simon and A Simple Favor, Bird Box, A Star is Born (2018), SPIDERMAN INTO THE SPIDERVERSE! Infinity War

Song: changes often for people, What A Heavenly Way To Die by Troye Sivan, What's Up Danger?!

Memories: RO related, Getting L's, Flying alone, cats being cats, passing uni

3. What is something you've achieved this year that you are proud of?

psych progress, flying alone, talking on the phone,  improving class rank to 2nd place! Getting through the year - sounds like it's been a toughie for lots of people in different ways, 

4. Do you watch the cricket in January? And if you don't, do you have any other plans for the new year?

picking berries, starting to see a psych, travel,

5. Something you're looking forward to about 2019?

Brooklyn 99 (Season 6) coming out, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, How to train your dragon 3, Last season of Homeland comes out, finishing a short course (study), getting a job,

6. What is one thing you'd like to achieve by this time next year?

Be employed, be more social, getting help (professional), keep breathing, continue good habits into the new year

Thank you for a great chat everyone! Smiley Happy You're all amazing and I hope you have a safe night and bring in the new year safely! Heart