cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [FUN GR] - 31 DEC - NEW YEARS EVE

Keep breathing is a valid goal @Asche Smiley Tongue There's always room to improve, you'll do awesome this year Smiley Happy

Thank you to everyone for coming along tonight! It was lots of fun Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

@Asche @annabethxchase @unwind @litgym and of course @Bee who has done a fabulous summary and basically ran the night Smiley Wink

see you goodbye GIF

This was a really cool chat — I’ve never done one of these. Is anyone in NSW watching the 9pm bridge fireworks on the TV? A bit of an unpopular opinion here.. but fireworks are only cool for like a few minutes, anyone else? 😂

@unwind nothing beats watching at least 20 different firework shows at once from your bedroom balcony Smiley Wink (lived in the alps in Switzerland for a year Smiley Tongue)
They can be pretty though! I hope you have a fantastic new years! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Nope, totally agree. After the first couple of minutes the sky fulls with smoke and they just don't look as crisp anymore. My unpopular/popular opinion for the past couple years has been "I wish they'd go spend that money on the education/health system instead...". Especially since we get fireworks roughly once every week down at Darling Harbour in Sydney already.

I might just be jaded though, hahaha

@unwind no I'm not, I might try and look them up later though Smiley Tongue

@N1ghtW1ng that sounds amazing! Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@unwind it looked a little bit like this:Image result for fireworks in the alps

Not jaded at all @Asche Smiley Tongue Fireworks are a novelty, the money definitely could be better spent elsewhere but people care way too much about fancy celebrations Smiley Tongue

Good night everyone! It's bedtime for me Smiley Happy

Just catching up! Daylight savings time is wack.

What is something that made you smile in 2018?

I've been volunteering at youth group for a few years, and that always puts a smile on my face without fail! It's like a big family.

What is your favourite book or movie or song or memory from 2018?

Hmm, my favourite book would be Dune; movie would be Wonder and song would be Dazed & Confused (by Ruel). My favourite memory would either be the RE fun days we ran at the local primary school (I am always on an adrenaline high afterwards!!), or the Christmas party I had recently with some friends.

What is something you've achieved this year that you are proud of?

I got my Ps at the start of the year and that was really freeing. I've discovered that I'm a pretty capable cook after doubting myself for so many years. I can cook pretty nice dishes thanks to my mentors at work, and they're arguably better than Mum's haha. I also fixed up my lack of fashion sense! Smiley Very Happy

Do you watch the cricket in January? And if you don't, do you have any other plans for the new year?

I really don't like the cricket, rip. My current plan sees to be a mixture of working, applying for adult stuff (i.e. Centrelink, Medicare, Blue cards, yay) and sorting through my stuff at home before I move for uni. \o/

Something you're looking forward to about 2019?

I am SO KEEN to move to Brisbane for uni. I'm so thirsty for a few solid friends to muck around with and talk about stupid and sometimes less-stupid things, because I'm a bored and lonely sucker here. Smiley LOL

What is one (or two, no limit) thing you'd like to achieve by this time next year?

Hmm. I want to reach a place where I feel entirely independent and responsible for my own life, y'know, managing my own finances, accommodation, uni study, travel and the like. I'd also like to be part of some initiative that makes an impact on people's lives. It's a bit vague atm, I want to see what next year brings first.

No trouble @nyke! Thanks for coming on Smiley Happy Daylight savings is nuts Smiley Tongue And thank you for answering the questions! I love your responses. Feeling independent and responsible are excellent goals for the new year. Smiley Happy You can do it! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy