cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling burnt out??

@DD: Woah 6 assessments?! Hope you get through them okay Smiley Happy Ugh oral presentations, I don't like them - good luck

*wavees* Heyy Sophie Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

welcome awkturtle & Bee !

we're all in the same boat thankfully.

it's always a rush to the finish line for me even when some assessments are weighted heavily.

and once you think you've finished there's always something else to be done. 

it takes a lot of energy to always be switched on cause you want to do your best !

the caffeine in tea use to keep me up so i'd be able to stay awake to actually get some work done.

Welcome Bee Smiley Happy

@ Awkwardturtle: that's good to hear you got an extension on it. Thankfully I only get assessments worth max 20%, a 40% would freak me out!

By the way, it's National Mental Health Week this week, let's all take a moment to do something positive for ourselves!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

So guys what does being burnt out mean to you? Do you find that it is different from stress ?

I find that burning out occurs when it all becomes just too much, when the assignmens keep piling on and it seems as though you're digging a never ending hole. So in the end you just totally loose motivation, focus and interest. 

I think that stress is quite different as it is what usually leads to burn out.

I am feeling totally burnt out right now. My exams finished a couple of weeks back and I was studying so hard for that. However now I have no energy or enthusiasm for the huge assessment tasks due soon!!

i think burning out might be the result of an overload of stress.

with a lot of stress from like exams, life and other stuff juggling everything at the same time can burn me out really quickly.

burning out for me is giving up and not trying as hard as i could. 

it might even involve procrastinating and avoiding what i'm suppose to be doing whether that's assignments or study or whatever.

Highlighted

So guys what does being burnt out mean to you? Do you find that it is different from stress ?

I guess burnt out to me is when I just get really tired and completely over everything I have to do and just want to sleep. I lose, interest, lose the motivation to do stuff and I guess I just stop caring. I think I regularly go through cycles of doing too much, burning out, crashing, then picking myself up and doing it again. However recently I've made the effort when I feel myself heading that direction to take the night off and sleep, so go to bed at 6:30pm if need be!!!

I think it is different to stress, I think stress is a feeling/thought that causes me to worry about things whereas burnt out is just a state you reach when it's all just to much?... not sure

I feel like burn out can be a result of stress... and they are quite different.... For example:
Stress = overengagement
Burnout = disengagement
Stress = Emotions are overreactive
Burnout = Emotions are blunted
Stress = urgency and hyperactivity
Burnout = helplessness and hopelessness
stress = Loss of energy
burnout = Loss of motivation, ideals, and hope
stress = Leads to anxiety disorders
burnout =Leads detachment and depression

etc etc

Online Community Manager