cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling burnt out??

What are some of things that can cause you to be burnt out?

Wow, I think the only one is prolonged stress.

But a lot of things can cause stress, like studies, relationships etc etc!

What are some of things that can cause you to be burnt out? For me, I think that having too much work to do, and not understanding the relevance or importance of the work I have to do are the main ones. I'm interested to see what others think.

What are some of things that can cause you to be burnt out?

I'd say just not being able to find the time for yourself and being constantly pressured by assessments which you may have no clue on what to do.

reckon that's a pretty interesting point awkturtule.

how even though friend are there to support you they can be a source of stress.

i find that sometimes i need a little me time as well to keep me happy.

a little me time Smiley Happy

@michine: I totally agree with both of those.

So now that we know what burning out is and the causes what are some warning signs & symptoms of being burnt out ?

i reckon sometimes in the midst of all the stress, assignments, extra commitments we might lose sight of why we're doing things like sitting exams or learning random facts.

maybe if we kept reminding ourselves of the relevance of these things and why we find them important we might not be so burnt out.

my mind just bogs up on trying to memorise and learn things that sometimes i do feel that all these stresses are just pointless and aimless.

@michine wrote:

So now that we know what burning out is and the causes what are some warning signs & symptoms of being burnt out ?

LACK OF SLEEP !

and waking up in the morning and feeling like a zombie

For me it would be when everything from doing assignments to going to lectures becomes a pain. Also a big indicator would be when I just start not caring all that much about the quality of work that I hand in and rationalising it by saying 'it's only a few marks'. Thats a killer!

@FTP: I actually find it to be the opposite haha, when I have too much sleep from skipping my morning lectures!

Highlighted

what are some warning signs & symptoms of being burnt out ?

being grumpy

losing motivation

being tired

being stressed!!!