cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling burnt out??

What are some warning signs & symptoms of being burnt out? The main ones I can think of are being irritable, stressed and demotivated.

For me, I can tell I'm burned out when I don't even find joy in the simple things I usually like to do, such as write, listen to music or even have a beer with friends.
I tend to become a zombie, and hide in my room.

Have only a couple of assignments left to do and one exam.  I have anxiety and its difficult to keep the focus and sometimes I find it difficult to find the words I need to write assignments.    I am freaking out as Uni has not marked anything yet and I don't know how I  am going.  Also one lecturer doesn't reply to emails.  I should be used to that by now.

If you have ever been burnt out, what helped you get out of it?

Hey Hels! Thanks for jumping in.

Yeah I find myself to be very much the same that I can't even be bothered to catch up with friends or play basketball.

If you have ever been burnt out, what helped you get out of it?

I haven't been burnt out before but having been participating in this discussion I think I might be on the way there, so I'm definitely keen to hear what others say.

Yes, I agree, I get so tired and then stress because I get so tired and can't do the work I need to

welcome rose !

i really don't appreciate lecturers who don't reply to emails. it makes it a lot harder to know what to do if they don't explain things well then don't reply to emails. on top of that, especially when i don't get things marked and handed back asap. all my lecturers are notorious for that kind of thing.

i have a wave of assignments and exams around the corner. really not looking forward to burning out so soon. especially when i need a lot of motivation and energy to get me through.

have you ever been burnt out ? i'm not too sure i have. i think i might've. not too sure. if you have, how did you get through it ?

Helllo Rose Smiley Happy

It's good to hear that you're smashing them out! When it comes to writing I always get mental block as well, but a way which I've figured to be a way around it is to starting writing on another section.

That's a shame they haven't marked anything yet, It has to be soo frustrating!
Lecturers are like that sometimes unfortunately ><. 

Highlighted

Sorry for coming in so late but hi!

i think to get me away from feeling burnt out, I just leave what I am doing and do something relaxing. Like walking, writing or coming in the RO forums (cheesy I know) Smiley Wink it helps to get away as well because we come back and can see how much has actually soaked in. Also, naps are good Smiley Happy