cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Festival Season is upon us!

Thanks guys Smiley Happy

What else will we need?

Money, id (I don't know if you need at festivals but I always leave it at home when I need it so I thought I would chuck it in here), water, food (I always like to have a little snack on me), my phone, a hat, a small jacket/ cardi, a rain coat for the aforementioned wet weather Smiley Very Happy and I definitely agree on the sunscreen! I can't think what else...

Oh my god sunscreen ALL THE SUNSCREEN

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

@Pillow comfy shoes, cash and even then a bit of extra cash only to be used in case of an emergency is a must, extra clothes, hitting the nail on the head!

and @delicatedreamer  you are too good, you are more than ready for a music festival experience Smiley Happy

@hartley_  bahaha back sunscreen is the worst kinda sunscreen! ANd because you brought up portaloos, if you can fit one of those little compact tissue packs in your bag do it because portaloos alwayss run outta paper, just sayin' Smiley Wink

hehe this is true Smiley Very Happy @Pillow 

sunscreen, good shoes, full battery on your phone, light jacket, money (lots of it), sunnies and a hat, ID! if you need it
map of the venue and the band times, a meeting point if you get lost...

A plan of how to get home safely !

If you are drinking plan a train/bus/taxi/lift preferably with a friend

If you are getting a lift wiith people then make sure everyone knows and not to leave without eachother!

Once I went to a festival with my friend and her boyfriend and understood that I would get a lift home with her but it turns out they changed plans to stay at another friends (who I didnt know) house heaps far away so I had to catch the bus back to my train station and then get picked up

If you do have to catch public transport alone or if your plans change make sure you msg or call someone to let them know the plans have changed and where you are and what time you will be back

Great ideas guys! There's some here I never would have thought of myself.

Maps, Set times, meeting places, transport

What else is important to plan before you go to a festival?

Highlighted

If you're getting a lift with friends it's good to have a designated driver who won't drink any alcohol while you're there so you can get home safely Smiley Happy

@hartley_  i know thats a yucky feeling when you realise youre not getting home how you thought you were, its happened to me too, I learnt the hard way that having a back up getting home plan helps! and keeping in touch with parents/who ever you were supposed to be staying with that night... I used to write my sisters number on my arm so i could call her from a pay phone if i needed to get picked up because my phone always always ran outta battery!

What else is important to plan before you go to a festival?

I agree with what others have said, how to get around the venue itself, how you are getting home, meeting places at the venue, plans for if people get lost or separated from each other...

yes @chelsb backup plan your backup plan even!

and tell people where you are or where you are going so if your not there around the time you should be they can contact you and see whats up!