cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Festival Season is upon us!

Knowing what you will do if you start to feel crap/drink too much/can't get home. If it's a really big festival I also like to know how I'll get home, as often the buses are aaaallll full!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

Yes, drinking responsibly is important especially at festivals

You are out in the sun all day, walking and jumping around, make sure you drink lots of water to keep hydrated - especially if you are drinking alcohol

Pace yourself too! There is usually all day and night, try and have like, two waters at least between drinks so you are hydrated, can still watch the bands you love (and remember it)

No one enjoys being sick in a portaloo - especially if there is a line!

What do you do if you or a friend get injured or is sIck **** from alcohol or drugs at a festival?

Edit: SICK ! sorry, i meant sick

What do you do if you or a friend get injured or is suck from alcohol or drugs at a festival?

I'd head straight over to one of the first aid or security people at the venue I think. Best not to muck around if you think it could be serious. I would consider taking them home, but it would depend on the circumstances/ how sick they were.

yeah I agree @delicatedreamer 

With those things it can often be hard to tell how serious is serious!

Its best to go to the first aid tent to get checked out

Its not worth hesitating because you think you or a friend might get busted - better to be safe !

Highlighted

What do you do if you or a friend get injured or sick from drugs and alcohol?

Well usually I'm the one who gets sick, I've done a bit of drinking...whoops

Big mistake. Too much alcohol with heaps of other drunks around you, loud music and heat is not a good mix.

Usually I take a few headache tablets with me when I go because I get headaches really quickly when I drink and if I feel sick. If I or a friend for injured I would find someone with a first aid kit because as delicatedreamer said it could be serious even if it doesn't seem so

yeah @delicatedreamer first aid are the bestttt, theyve got everything! Sunscreen... band aids, but more importantly they are there if things do get messed up. Too many drinks or even if you have decided to try something a little more intense like drugs.... The first aid crew at festivals are soooo ready for all of that, they arent obliged to involve police and they are not there to judge, just there to help us out. Its so good to know theyre there actually now i think about it!

Yes they are awesome hey!

Is anyone going to any festivals coming up?

i think also sometimes evaluating the situation and not being afraid to make the call about whether or not its time to go/call yours or your friends parents/ call emergency services if you feel it is that serious... It can be a tough decision to make but its always so much better to be safe than sorry i guess.

Is anyone going to any festivals coming up?

Not at the moment. I should suss some out! Smiley Happy

Yeah @delicatedreamer im heading to laneway next month im pumped, its a day festival and im really looking forward to it Smiley Happy