cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Festival Season is upon us!

I'm not going to any Smiley Sad there's not really any around the place right now

I'm going to blues and roots in byron bay. CANNOT WAIT!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

Yeah! Now you are armed with all these tried and tested tips @delicatedreamer 

Theres always heaps through summer, or even just live gigs outdoors - they are fun too Smiley Very Happy

Let us know about your experience if you do go to any!

not to worry @Pillow the best thing about festivals is they come around yearly so there's always another chance Smiley Happy can anyone think of anything else theyd like to add?

I guess the only thing I can think of (which has already been kinda touched on) is if you really love a band or really want to go to something (this doesnt even have to apply to just music festivals ... could be a film festival or something like the sydney or melbourne festival or adelaide fringe etc which have a bunch of day events aswll)... I would say just go! I used to feel a bit weird going it alone, but now i revel in it Smiley Happy

Thanks for a really interesting convo guys! I'm off now Smiley Happy. And thank you to chelsb, hartley_ and Rosie for facilitating the discussion - I picked up lots of great tips for my future festival experiences! Good night! See you all next week Smiley Happy

Yeah, if you want to see a band go and see them ! Just make sure your friends know where you are if you split up and maybe have a meeting place

Well thank you all for coming to this weeks GR sesh! I hope its been helpful and given you some tips to keep festivals a fun experience not a stressfl scary one!

Okay so the key points from today are:

Stay hydrated, keep sunscreened, drink responsibly, make sure you have your festival essentials (money, phone, good shoes, emergency loo paper)

Have a plan about how to get home! and even a backup plan if your first plan goes south!

Do not hesitate to go to first aid even if you are scared or embarassed

and most of all have fun! great attitudes will make great times! by all means if you are uncomfortable and need to leave thats perfectly okay but remember - you attitude plays a big part in how much you enjoy things!

Thanks so much for your input guys and thanks @chelsb for being my co-facilliatator! Until next time Smiley Very Happy

What a great chat! I love learning how to better deal with sometimes tressful situations. Have a good night everyone Smiley Happy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.

Learnt so much good stuff tonight, Thanks guys!!!

Catch you all on the forums Smiley Happy Smiley Happy