cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GR: ALL ABOUT JOBS! JUNE 3 - 8

Having a job can be both rewarding and stressful at the same time.

There are many reasons why you may be thinking about getting a job and entering the workforce; either you need to to help yourself survive in todays society, or there is something you want to save for.

If it's your first job, or a new job, there is lots to remember, from new colleagues, to rules and uh how to actually do the job.

So we want to talk about all of this, and have an open and safe conversation about everything work related. So Join us Monday June 3rd at 8pm AEST

Have questions and want some info before then? Check out work and money, where you can find a range of topics around jobs.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: GR: ALL ABOUT JOBS! JUNE 3RD

Looking forward to joining in on this chat today! 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Hey everyone Smiley Happy

Welcome to tonight's GR, we'are chatting about everything related to jobs!

Yes the start time was a typo, it's meant to be 7.30pm!

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Sorry @Bee...
I can't join tonight...
I'll have a look tomorrow.
Goodnight. xx

Omg I wanna join! I’ve never joined one of these chats before!

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx no drama, chat next time

@Bananatime04 yay! Smiley Happy We're about to kick things off I'm just trying to catch up on everything Smiley Tongue

Our first question for the nice is around knowing when it's time to find a job.

How do you know when it is the right time to start looking for a job? How do you know you are ready?

Oh wait I’ve never had a job..

That's absolutely fine @Bananatime04 we'll also talk about other stuff that would be helpful for when you are ready/do get a job. Smiley Happy

How do you know when it is the right time to start looking for a job? How do you know you are ready?
I didn't get my first job until after high school. For me I wanted to work but mum wasn't a fan of working while in high school. Once I did get a job I was both excited and very nerveous!