cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GR: ALL ABOUT JOBS! JUNE 3RD

Thank You @Jess1-RO and @scared01 and everyone for your comments. It feels wonderful to know that you're smiling with me Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I love that our community is always a cheer squad supporting each other @Ladybug Smiley Happy 

you can do it cheer GIF by JustGiving

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

6.  Do you see yourself as living to work, or working to live? Is it important to you to work a fulfilling job?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

6. unfortunatley im working to live. i dont find my job fullifilling or that enjoyable and havent for a long time, but im needed and its abit of income for the interim so its better then nothing i suppose
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

6.  a) Do you see yourself as living to work, or working to live? 

Love these questions! I think my answer is a bit of both- it's reciprocal for me! I really love what I do, so I get excited coming into work (sometimes I need to be reminded to take a break for lunch because I lose track of time!), but work also helps me to do what I need to with life eg: have a quality of life and cover living expenses. I think that I have finally started to get a good work/life balance which is crucial Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Seeing as I haven't worked properly yet I can't say for sure. I hope that one day I  live to work. Helping people can be fulfilling and I want to be able to enjoy doing it when that day comes.

For now though and up until now I always thought life was about working to live. We work to support ourselves. We live for things like family and friends and making good memories. It would be amazing if one day those good memories are from work.

Highlighted

6. Do you see yourself as living to work, or working to live?

I'm similar to @Jess1-RO in it's a bit of both for me. I also get distracted and loose track of time.

Highlighted

Working can be play a really important part of keeping life moving financially, and it sounds like that is the space you are in at the moment @scared01. You have mentioned that at the moment, work serves a purpose financially, but that it is not feeling very fulfilling. If you were to design a job that felt fulfilling and that you would give you that sense of meaning and enjoyment, what would that look like for you? 

Highlighted

Thank you everyone for the awesome chat tonight, I hope to hear responses from others who couldn't join us tonight. Heart

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO honestly i dont know. helping people is something i greatly enjoy but the more i help the less enjoyment i get out of it or instead of being something i want to do it then becomes an expectation and a chore i guess i could say. i havent got much experience in many areas except caring and animals but they have both become a chore and a job rather then being something good in my life. the circumstances i am in unfortunatly dont allow me to branch out much at all right now so im quite stuck.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**