cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GR: ALL ABOUT JOBS! JUNE 3RD

6 b) Is it important to you to work a fulfilling job?

It is the most important aspect for me, particularly to sustain my wellbeing! Over time, I have gravitated to jobs that give me a sense of purpose Smiley Happy Definitely strengthened my recovery too!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

6b) yes because i find it you dont enjoy your work or find it fullfilling you turn 'sour' and start to hate it and dread going to work rather then wanting to build upon your skills and career
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Completely understandable @scared01 Heart When something becomes an expectation, it can take the meaning from it and really exhaust. I hope that in time you find that thing that really gives you that sense of meaning and purpose in employment Heart Always happy to chat more about employment with you too!

Highlighted

6b) Not at first because we all start small and have to make that journey. But I genuinely hope by the end of that journey that I have a fulfilling job or at least I job that I'm interested in. Fulfilling for me is to put something good into the world/community and also enjoy myself while I'm doing it.

Highlighted

thanks heaps @Jess1-RO maybe another night though. Heart
Highlighted

Sorry guys I’ll try answer the questions I can tomorrow
Highlighted

Absolutely @scared01!

That's a wrap for tonight everyone! Such an important topic, and one I know has come up quite a few times on the forums this year. With that being said, we had an incredible number of questions asked by our community, in fact so many important questions that we are going to extend this discussion over the next week to give everyone a chance to answer some questions, ask some questions and reflect on everything job related! 

Starting tomorrow we will post a question a day- so stay tuned!

Thank you to everyone who joined us tonight @scared01 @Bee @Ladybug @dog_lover94 @Hozzles @Bananatime04 - the diversity of experiences and perspectives was so remarkable! I learnt so much! Looking forward to continuing this conversation with you through out the week Smiley Happy

Motiongarten GIF

Highlighted

thanks for the chat everyone Smiley Happy and goodnight
Highlighted

Re: GR: ALL ABOUT JOBS! JUNE 3 - 8

Hey everyone, sorry we didn't get around to posting a question yesterday!

Let's get the ball rolling on today's questions:

What should go on my resume?

How do you write a cover letter?

What are some things to include in it?

Highlighted

Re: GR: ALL ABOUT JOBS! JUNE 3 - 8

What should go on my resume?
I put my name and contact details at the top of my resume. I have also listed my education, the courses I have done, memberships of professional bodies and education-related achievements. I also listed my experiences, what I contributed to each place and the skills I demonstrated through them. Then at the end, I listed my core skills with specific examples of how I have shown them. I think you can either list your referees and their contact details or say 'Referees available on request' or something along those lines. My university told me to keep the resume to two pages with bullet points.

How do you write a cover letter? What are some things to include in it?
At the top of the cover letter, I list my details and the employer's details. I say which role I want to apply for and why I want to apply for it. I explain how the knowledge and skills I have gained through my education and previous experiences will help me do well in the position I applied for. I usually also show that I know the kind of work that the employer does and that I have done my research on them. Sometimes, I compliment them on their work. At the end, I thank them for taking the time to read my application. I say that I have attached my resume for their consideration and that they can contact me through the details I have provided.