cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Back to School Special! 28th Jan

hey @litgym
that sounds pretty stressful, i hope that you go to school that is more supportive or that your current school will be more supportive.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Question 2

BIG TIME ! My head of year just involved another 4 teachers about my mental health state which is going to be so much more traumatic at school Smiley Sad but then again im not sure if im even attending anymore. 

if i do end up going for a little while, ill have some fidget toys on me and probably stick around close friends and fav teachers Smiley Happy

that sounds like a good plan in coping if you end up back at your current school @litgym
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@litgym that's more than understandable, it sounds like it would have been a very confronting conversation Smiley Sad I'm glad that this could be a positive change for you though rather than negative, still that sounds full on Heart Those sound like really good strategies for dealing with the situation if you do return Heart super proud of you Heart

also thank you! @scared01 <3

Do you have any anxiety about starting the school year?

If so, how can we lessen our anxiety and stress regarding school?

The start of the school is honestly such a bad trigger for my anxiety, despite what I said above. I always have this line of thought that because I've been off school for so long, I won't be able to perform when I return. Or that I won't be able to handle the workload, because I've spent so much time relaxing. Also, new teachers are bit nerve wracking, anyone else? When I don't really know how someone is/acts, I feel uncomfortable because I can't really predict how they'll act in a situation -- does that even make sense? Smiley LOL

For me, I mainly just think through the thoughts LOGICALLY. For example, I spent 40 weeks last year doing school work, 6 weeks of holidays won't out-weight the "practice" I've had with school/workload. Another thing I like to do is talk things out with friends/family, they provide a good judgement if I struggle to see past anxious thoughts at the time. For example "yes, you may have teachers who are difficult, but you've never experienced a teacher where they had a problem with you before as they have no reason to have a problem with you."

Hello everyone!

Are you excited about school? Why/ why not?

Even though I begin in a month's time as I'm in uni, I'm both excited and unexcited for it. I'm excited to get back to learning new things but unexcited for the overload of assessments.

A bit (but then again, who doesn't? Haha). For me, one way that I use to help reduce my anxiety for school was to organise a timetable of when my assessments were due and make sure I schedule in times for self-care.

I admit i am a bit worried about how this year will go. I haven't found out who i'm working with this year and there's already pressure (internal) to do really well and start thinking about applying for masters. I'm doing my best to focus on being realistic about everything though: I'm only human and can only do my best. Everything else will follow Heart (works well in theory but life is a bit different Smiley LOL )

Yes, new teachers can definitely be a bit nerve-wracking @unwind! You're definitely not alone in thinking that.

Btw, your tips of thinking through and challenging these anxious thoughts are really good and helpful!

Q2

Yes, I have some anxiety about going back to school. I'm in university.. it should be my second year but I am still doing some first year subjects because last year it was way too hard for me to handle and it left me in a downwards spiral that resulted in me dropping out of a lot of subjects. I really hope I can handle it better this year. It really feels like everyone else is handling it better than me though and there is a lot of pressure to do well if I'm ever going to make it into the honours course. (only the top students get a offer) I already feel like I stuffed up because I accidentally slept in when it was timetabling time which left me with bad scheduling.