cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Back to School Special! 28th Jan

@unwind that makes sense! it's always so much better once the term is underway and you know what to expect from a teacher and what they expect from you

such a good and logical way to try to frame the way you think about going back to school Heart Friends and family are such a good sounding board, aren't they? Smiley Very Happy

"works well in theory but life is a bit different"

YESS!! So many times I've tried to perfectly plan EVERYTHING out, disregarding the fact that life just happens. I've slowly come to the realisation that this really isn't healthy at all because when things didn't go to plan, it would really affect my anxiety. I still like to loosely plan things, but I think sticking to a rigid plan is actually quite damaging to some people's mental health.

Congrats on making it to Honours @ecla34! That's a massive achievement in itself and I hope this year goes well for you Smiley Happy

@unwind i couldn't agree more! Being gentle and kind with yourself is really important when life happens, because it sure does happen!

thanks @Esperanza67 Heart

@Ladybug I'm sorry to hear last year was so rough for you and that you're feeling a lot of pressure now Smiley Sad  I know it can look like everyone else has themselves together, but you're definitely not alone in what you've been going through Heart Uni can be really overwhelming at times
You're definitely not alone in the timetabling scenario either! Last year i forgot registration completely until i was already at work and i missed out on doing a subject full stop that semester! 

Hi everyone! 

I liked reading everyone's responses Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations @ecla34 that's an amazing achievement! 

Are you excited about school? Why/ why not?

I'm really excited! I like the structure, learning (I like to feel mentally stimulated and that I'm growing as a person! ), I also like to meet new people. 

Do you have any anxiety about starting the school year?
If so, how can we lessen our anxiety and stress regarding school?
Surprisingly I don't have any anxieties about starting this academic year. Maybe the thought of figuring out what I'm going to do for placements makes me a bit nervous but I know that I will be fully supported which lessens my nerves. It's probably also the fear of the unknown! Once I'm in my routine then I'll be settled. 

Uni sign-ons each year are always stressful, isn't @Ladybug and @ecla34? I can't think of anyone who hasn't missed their sign-ons Smiley Tongue

Hello @missep! It's good to hear from you!

Question 3 ~ Do you have a subject or subjects that you are good at or enjoy studying? Smiley Happy

thanks @missep Smiley Very Happy 
i'm glad you're so excited for the year ahead! It's good that your uni is supporting you all the way Heart Smiley Very Happy

Hi everyone! I'm starting uni for my first year after taking a gap year. Smiley Very Happy

Are you excited about school? Why/ why not?

I definitely am, last year got long and boring and I'm bit over all of that. I like to learn and am keen to meet some new people that I hopefully get along with. Although I'm not too excited about adulting -- all the responsibilities and new things that I'll have to think about!

Do you have any anxiety about starting the school year?

If so, how can we lessen our anxiety and stress regarding school?
I'm not feeling anxious right now, but it also hasn't really hit me yet. I guess I'm doing a good job at ignoring it, which admittedly isn't the best coping mechanism. 

I normally get anxious or stressed about the change, in which case I remind myself that the day's gonna come sooner or later, and I can't do anything about that. I also tell myself that it'll just be one day or week that I need get through before everything becomes normal, which can also help. In the case of uni this year, I plan to gather some intelligence so I have an idea on what to expect.