cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Back to School Special! 28th Jan

@missep I'm a psych major too! It is so fun. I loved it back in high school and I'm glad I am pursuing it. 

Do you have any anxiety about starting the school year? If so, how can we lessen our anxiety and stress regarding school?

Nah. I am not really anxious about it, I am actually excited because my units this time seem quite interesting as compared to last year's. Thinking about my early morning lectures is already making me sleep-deprived and I just want to cherish every moment of my sleep right now 😂. 

Do you have a subject or subjects that you are good at or enjoy studying? 
I did probably the world's artsiest science degree, i packed it with as many language and culture classes as i could Smiley LOL they were honestly some of the best fun i've had at uni and i made some good friends. Plus it was nice to do something a bit different from things like neuroscience or pharmacology Smiley Very Happy 

@unwind there's definitely a lot we can learn from the past! 

@ecla34 Omg same!!  I am doing psych too but I will be doing my honours next year😊

@DIVYA  Smiley LOL

lecy goranson we could be the same person GIF by Roseanne

@Ladybug Woo! I'm so glad you find it fun, I'm really glad I'm pursuing it too Smiley Happy

@ecla34 HAHAHHAHAHHAHA Smiley Tongue

@litgym That sounds bad Smiley Sad I really hope your new school is more supportive and that you have a better experience there Heart 

thank you, i hope so too ! Heart @DIVYA

@nyke wrote:

I think the other thing @unwind, is that the skills you learn in the histories are invaluable! You learn how to form arguments, connect different ideas, identify bias and people's motivations, research properly and present information in different ways. I chose Ancient History as my sixth senior subject for that.  Smiley Very Happy

So so so so true. Towards the end of my elective history course last year, after a year of developing these skills, I started to see how quickly my friends' arguments (during a discussion or something) fell apart when I asked them the questions that my teacher would make us answer when we were analysing an argument from a source -- it was great fun Smiley Very Happy