cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Back to School Special! 28th Jan

I love how everyone's supporting each other so far tonight! It's really good to see Smiley Happy

Question 4:

How do you prepare for going back to school? What kind of back to school shopping or preparations do you do?

How do you prepare for going back to school? What kind of back to school shopping or preparations do you do?

I heard somewhere that virgos love stationary, and i was clearly born in the right month haha Smiley LOL I don't really buy anything but a new notebook, but i love planning out how i'm going to take notes, what to colour code (before giving that up 2 weeks into the semester lol), making a new computer folder etc. The illusion of productivity is awesome and i love it Smiley Very Happy 
I just like to make sure i have myself oriented as to what i need to do for the semester. Knowing what my assignments will be and when, what readings i'll need to do, things like that. Just so there are no surprises haha Smiley Happy 

Putting aside shopping for a second, I usually attempt to fix my sleep schedule a week before school goes back. During the holiday, I go to bed any time between 1am and 4am, so I've got to get back to sleeping at 11pm, even if that is late by some people's standards Smiley LOL.

I went school shopping today, so that was fun (not rly). Our teachers are making us switch to using binders and loose-leaf paper this year, as opposed to exercise books. Anyone have opinions on this? Would love to hear tips/tricks to make using binders easier/how to better utilise them.

Question 4

nothing special tbh bahahah i just wait around and then when i wake up at 6am on the first day of school im like shit school is actually happening!!

i do the basic book list shop and food shop

@unwind oof i feel you, late nights don't bode well for early morning classes eek
Putting dividers between topics can be helpful for school Smiley Happy It's annoying they're making you use only binders and looseleaf, but they can be pretty useful! Smiley Very Happy
- you can rearrange the order of your notes and slot in stuff for classes you missed etc. without it being out of order

- if you forget your binder you can just borrow looseleaf and add it later, and it's still all together

- you can remove pages you need rather than lugging around the whole thing, and if someone needs to borrow class notes you can still have most of it with you
Hope that helps! Heart

oh god i give up on BINDERS !! @unwind i don’t even last the first period i just stuff the paper in or leave  every binder in my locker hahaha !

honestly my tip is to actually maintain organisation and tidiness !!

I'm suppose I don't really prepare for school, at least in a shopping sense. I might make sure I've got plenty of pens / pencils / pads, and I bought a new laptop, so I guess that counts. It's more preparing mentally for the new and unpredictableness of school, and talking to people. I try to keep myself grounded by staying cool, calm and collected; and maintaining a positive outlook on the new year, making sure I grab the opportunities that present itself and the like. Oh, and gathering intelligence. That.

@unwind Advice? Go on strike. 

@litgym hahahah that was me too! i always accidentally broke the edges of the pages so they'd fall out Smiley LOL

I love going stationary shopping. The feeling of buying new notebooks, pens, pencils, etc. always makes me feel excited and organised haha! 

But typical preparations involve me scheduling in my bullet journal any assessment due dates, lecture and tutorial times etc.

@Esperanza67i admire the heck out of you for being able to actually maintain a bullet journal lol
they're so awesome, but man do i never do what i plan lol