cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: GR Dating Anxiety: 20th January AEDT

Howdy! Tagging our keen beans Smiley Very Happy Heart
@MB95 @Milkninja222 @Alison5 @Ladybug @xXLexi_Lou122Xx (sorry if i missed anyone!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Live Getting Real chat on What Success Looks Like To You on Monday the 23rd of March! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Just before the GR starts, i thought i'd mention that if at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here! Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Live Getting Real chat on What Success Looks Like To You on Monday the 23rd of March! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Hello everyone and welcome to our GR on Dating Anxiety! Smiley Happy

Here are our first few questions:
What does dating mean to you and how do you meet people? Do you find it difficult at times to balance a relationship with everything else that goes on?

Highlighted

hey everyone Smiley Happy
Highlighted

hey @roseisnotaplant ! glad you could make it! Smiley Very Happy Heart

Highlighted

Hi @WheresMySquishy 

I can only answer one of these questions. Dating for me is about exploring. Both about about the suitor and myself. Because anyone would want to be in a relationship where they can feel safe, have fun with someone we enjoy the company with. So dating provides opportunities to go out and find out more about what you like in a partner and what the person can give you when investing in these relationships. 

Highlighted

Hello everyone! Smiley Happy I might also just tag some members who are online and who might be interested in this live discussion tonight: @Tiny_leaf @ApplesRoses @Jessica123 @MB95@goldilocks @Amanthi 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

What does dating mean to you and how do you meet people? Do you find it difficult at times to balance a relationship with everything else that goes on?
I think that dating is about trying to work out someone's suitability as a partner and what we want out of a relationship. I've found that the best way to meet people is through shared interests, being in the same group or being in close proximity to them, such as going to the same school.
I think it can be really difficult to balance a relationship with other life stuff. I'm at a stage of my life where I have a lot of responsibilities and am deciding my future. I think that dating can also be difficult if you're going through a mental or physical health issue, or if you're supporting family or friends.

Highlighted

@Milkninja222 definitely agree with you there! dating is a good chance to see if you can connect with someone in a way that's comfortabe for you Heart
@WheresMySquishy more than true! sometimes before investing in other relationships you have to prioritise the ones you have already - including the one with yourself!

Highlighted

Dating... is a really weird term. I find almost no one knows what it is? Is it being in a steady relationship with someone, or meeting a lot of people and seeing who best 'fits'? In school, someone was said to be 'dating' when they were committed to someone, but the word to me is just meeting people socially.

I meet people online because I have no social skills in person, and it's way easier to express myself and say what I want to at first 😂. First impressions come from a profile, rather than my dodgy body language! I also hate the alcohol/ bar culture that many people meet at, so that sucks. And in the dating world... yeah, it can be hard dating as an LGBT+ young person in the suburbs. 

When I was in a relationship... yes, I guess so? I don't know if I can have an unbiased answer, because my relationship poorly affected my mental health which, of course, affected everything else. As of right now, I don't really think I have the energy to be in a relationship, and need to have some time to work on myself more.