cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [GR] - Empathy! - 29 July

Showing empathy towards other people can sometimes leave us feeling drained. What's something you do recharge your "empathy battery"?

some things i do are go for a drive somewhere scenic with good music, crochet, watching movies, try to get abit extra sleep, baking something or trying out a new recipie, exercise.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Sounds like some pretty solid self-care to me @scared01! I really like to just be by myself tbh. I have a nice shower, do my skin-care routine and just watch some Youtube vids or listen to a podcast. Also sleep!

5. Showing empathy towards other people can sometimes leave us feeling drained. What's something you do recharge your "empathy battery"?

I touched on this at the end of my last answer. Self-care is one way I recharge my empathy battery.

But there are also other things that help recharge my empathy battery too

- when someone thanks me for empathising with them/ supporting them

- Spending time with my cats

- Talking about random stuff with friends - enjoying time

- Watching a comedy to laugh and feel good

- Getting some sunshine

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Showing empathy towards other people can sometimes leave us feeling drained. What's something you do recharge your "empathy battery"?

Sometimes, I take a deep breath and step back from the situation. I try to focus on other things, such as my hobbies. I think self-care be really helpful to recharge our battery too. Getting support from others can also help. It can be hard when you feel as though you're taking everyone's problems on by yourself.

yep i agree @MisoBear
im constantly around people even if its just one person so some alone time is good too even just for short amounts of time.

seems self care is a pretty popular and effective strategy!

@WheresMySquishy @Bee I like that both of you take care of yourselves when you feel like you've given a lot to others. Recharging our batteries like this can help us help more people too. 

Also @Bee sunshine is so good, hey? Just getting out in the sunshine will change my mood completely. Bring on Spring!

So many benefits to self-care @scared01 Smiley Happy

@MisoBear that's absolutely right, we can't look after others if we don't look after ourselves first/too

So many good answers everyone! For our last question...

6. Empathy can be a helpful skill. How has being empathetic towards someone else helped you in your life