cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [GR] - Empathy! - 29 July

6. Empathy can be a helpful skill. How has being empathetic towards someone else helped you in your life?

Being empathetic towards others has helped me connect and form bonds with people. I think of some of the people I've felt close to and it's because I've either leant a hand and supported them, or they've supported me through something.

It has also helped me feel good about myself, helping someone, knowing that I've made a positive difference for them, it makes me feel warm inside. There's something magical about it Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

6. Empathy can be a helpful skill. How has being empathetic towards someone else helped you in your life.

i find being caring and understanding towards someone can help them to open up and to talk even on a bad day and i hope that my listening is helpful to them just as ive had happen for me. this helps me to feel like im giving back in hopes it might help this person smile or to feel like someone cares for them even if they feel like a nothing just as i was.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

6. Empathy can be a helpful skill. How has being empathetic towards someone else helped you in your life?

While sometimes being empathetic can be a big energy drain, I really enjoy the fact that I'm empathetic. Being able to see things from my boyfriend's perspective means that we avoid a lot of arguments that we might otherwise have had. I think having empathy for him really helps to de-escalate disagreements, and it makes us stronger as a couple.

Empathy can be a helpful skill. How has being empathetic towards someone else helped you in your life?

Empathy has helped me learn new skills, find out more about people and expand my perspective. It has improved a lot of my relationships. It has also helped me in my career, such as when interacting with clients who might be going through a difficult time or providing customer service. When someone is going through a difficult time, it makes me feel more grateful for what I have. Helping another person also makes me feel good about myself.

Jumping in as I get off the train home! Loving your responses, I'll have to read more thoroughly later. Heart

Empathy can be a helpful skill. How has being empathetic towards someone else helped you in your life?

It's helped my relationship with my family quite a bit. I've mentioned it before, but often I notice when my Mum or others are feeling burnt out and ask if they need to take a break. It helps to ease conflict by rephrasing how other's may feel if two people close to me are arguing. Also, it helps me as a writer. Smiley Tongue

thanks for the awesome chat everyone, im going to have to head off now. Smiley Very Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Have a good night @scared01! Thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

Thanks for all your insightful answers @scared01! It was great chatting with you.

@WheresMySquishy Empathy can be such a useful skill in the workplace, can't it?

@Hozzles I definitely find it a bit difficult to have empathy for my parents, but I try really hard! Sometimes I just don't understand where they're coming from, but I think I can employ some of the skills from this GR to help be more empathetic with them. 

Ooo ooo! More writers, so many empathetic writers!

@MisoBear  @Hozzles  I can relate to not seeing where our parents are coming from! Sometimes, I just don't understand their logic.