cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR: Friends Drifting Apart - Mon Nov 18, 7:30pm AEDT

@drpenguin Oooh that's a good point, drifting friendships can definitely help reveal the things that we may expect for future friendships.

(am i late to the party? Smiley Tongue)

Highlighted

Thanks so much for an amazing chat, everyone! I've really enjoyed the discussions tonight. ❤❤

@roseisnotaplant Maybe a little! 😂 You're welcome to have a read through and post your own answers! ❤

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed tonight and to all those behind the scenes who helped with the planning and delivery of this GR! Your openness, honesty and generosity to share your thoughts and experiences is so moving! 

I Think So Season 2 GIF by Friends

Discussions like tonight make me so proud and honoured to be a part of this incredible community Heart 

aww love GIF

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

@Hozzles haha okay XD

1. No, not really. I’ve just been backstabbed too many times for people to stay in contact with... but I’m used to it. It’s happened for the past 9 years, so I guess I just get over it. Not a very healthy thing though, is it...?

2. This one doesn't really apply to me.

3. After all the times I’ve been backstabbed, I kind of just gave up on making friends. I became very depressed, and started saying things I didn’t really mean. I got the help I needed in the end, but it still wasn’t a fun time.
But what I did, was look for people like me. My group of friends are the nerdy kind, and we call ourselves nerds too. Before I looked for people like me, I tried joining the choir at school, the basketball games outside of school, and even the school musical. But they didn’t really do much in the way of making friends.

Basically, just look for people that are like you. People who do what you do in class, and be you. Don’t try to fit in. Stand out, and other people that stand out will find you, or you’ll find them, making a friendship that will never be broken. Okay that’s a lie, but usually it will be unbreakable.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx and thank you for jumping into this discussion- I can see you have taken the time to go through and read posts from other members too, lots of kudos Heart

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with friendships that have ended in such a heartbreaking way Heart It sounds like you have been able to reflect on the relationships you have now, and think about how you make friends. I am hearing that being yourself and finding similar people who share commonalities is one way you have found strong friendships- Be you is such a strong message! 

Love this Heart "Basically, just look for people that are like you. People who do what you do in class, and be you. Don’t try to fit in. Stand out, and other people that stand out will find you, or you’ll find them, making a friendship that will never be broken. Okay that’s a lie, but usually it will be unbreakable."

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here