cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

I actually don't have a dog hahahaha I am going to buy one as soon as I move out though!!

hello everyone @litgym@Bee@Puppies026@FootyFan26@cupcakes_032 and all still to come! sorry im abit late

1. Whats your favourite way of being active? 

hmm i am loving everyones ideas... yoga, gynastics, circuit training 

for me i love to walk often outside in nature 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

How do you find time / motivate yourself to exercise?

At the moment I've not really done much exercise for a while Smiley Sad Mainly due to having an operation on my foot and I have to keep off it for 12 weeks! But usually I would try to get to the pool in the morning for hydrotherapy (which is a water based exercise program made for me by my physio based on strengthening my foot). I can't wait to get back into the water and get a solid routine in place again! (hopefully when I get into it I can keep the momentum going)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I try to make myself exercise first thing in the morning so I can't make excuses to not do it later! And I remind myself how great I feel after every time and how energetic for the rest of the day! Smiley Very Happy

I really like physical activity and exercise but what really motivates me is when i do it with someone else.  I also use a program that has a schedule so I know what days I'm going to do it and I just pick the time during the day whenever I feel like as long as it's at least an hour after I have brekkie.

@Puppies026 you should definitely get one! They are such good company! Smiley Happy

I try to plan my exercise the night before so I know exactly what I am doing and then do it the following morning when I wake up! I find that if I don't exercise in the morning then I won't do it Smiley Tongue

@Puppies026 YES reminding ourselves of how great we feel after can be an awesome motivator!

i find it really hard to motivate myself but i do gymnastics weekly and my friends and i switch drop offs/pick ups so i feel like i have to go. but i do like it when im there. my school also does 4 hours and 45 minutes of sport a week so i guess im pretty active. i also have to walk to and from the bus 4 times a day (which is about 10 minutes one way) so i guess i do some exercise but i definitely need to do more ! i guess when im with others it motivates me more and i also try and set myself daily workouts to feel more awake. i know if i exercise i genuinely feel better.

How do you find time/motivate yourself to exercise?

geez this one can be hard cant it esp the motivational side of things!
i try to set myself up a time in the day when my favourite tv show is on and then ill either set up the treadmill or the exercise bike and do that exercise while the tv show is on. its almost like a reward too- i get to watch something good in return for exercise.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@dog_lover94 I agree! It can certainly become hard to work up the motivation as the day goes on! I find morning is good because it can help lift your mood for the day as @Puppies026 mentioned Smiley Happy