cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

Aw no @Bee ! I hope your foot gets better real soon, how long of the 12 weeks do you have left? That's awesome you can do your therapy in the pool though!

@dog_lover94 I couldn't agree more!

@Bee yeah ballet looks really nice.. before when 'so you think you can dance' was on TV, i really wanted to do contemporary dancing because it looked very graceful and light

How do you find time / motivate yourself to exercise?

The yoga sessions on youtube that I follow are about 30min each (sometimes shorter, which is nice because 30min can feel like a long time, especially after a long day). My motivation to do yoga is to get healthier and do exercise so that I feel like I'm taking some time to look after myself. The yoga is a great stress reliever as well and it helps me feel more grounded -  so looking after myself not only physically, but also mentally Smiley Happy

@FootyFan26 i totally agree! if ive got a walking/exercise partner then im much more motivated to do exercise. i also find i dont get so bored easily too
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Puppies026 I'm 7 weeks into my non weight bearing, and actually I should say that I have an extra 3 weeks tacked on due to appointment scheduling of my surgeon, so really it's 15 weeks Smiley Surprised
But yes I was so nervous to go the pool at first, but after I went and got used to it I realised how much I love it and how freeing the water is, because there wasn't all the stress and gravity placed on my foot, I was able to move ALL MY MUSCLES and loosen them up! Smiley Happy

@cupcakes_032 yes contemporary is also nice, however I still prefer the look of ballet more Smiley Tongue
Yes that is what I found when I was doing yoga at one point! I found it helped me feel a lot calmer overall! I miss it now... another goal for when my foot is strong enough!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Awesome discussion so far everyone! Smiley Happy

3. What's an unusual but fun way of getting active?  

@Bee Oh no I hope those 15 weeks go by very quick and you can get back into the pool in no time! But you're definitely right about that, there's just this freeing feeling you get in the water like you're floating it's so relaxing Smiley Very Happy

Vacumming and dancing around the house with earphones in! You're really just having a blast being on your feet and then your parents get to think you're helping them Smiley Tongue

whats an unusual but fun way of getting active..?
hmm im not too sure but im interested in hearing others ideas!

oh i did read that a good way to both cope with anxiety and getting exercise is to just start dancing around the house, put on some music, get into the house work and just dance your heart out and of course singing ususally goes with that Smiley Wink
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Dancing.  I've also heard of 'plogging' which is where people go for a run and take a plastic bag with them to pick up rubbish on their way which I reckon is pretty cool.

Absolutely @Puppies026 it's the boyancy of the water which makes it so relaxing I find Smiley Happy Ah I just want to be in the pool atm! (pitty, I don't have 1 and don't know when I am allowed yet haha)
YASSS! Vacumming and dancing with headphones so great!

At the moment, hoping around on crutches! Seriously it's a whole upper body and one leg workout haha Smiley Tongue But I prefer the knee scooter, because crutches gives my hands blisters Smiley Tongue
Also hanging out clothes at the clothesline! I put music on and dance along as I hang them out Smiley Tongue hehe

Highlighted

@scared01 that is so true and singing is a must! Smiley Tongue

@FootyFan26that is such a good idea I should do that some time Smiley Happy