cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GR - Getting Active - October 1

Loving all the points made so far!!

Question 5 of the night is:

What are some of the potential social benefits of exercise (team sports, gym, etc.)?

@cupcakes_032 yeah ahaha, can be very tiring sometimes.

ugh STAIRS @litgym! Since my foot injury stairs are my worst nightmare! Mainly because I have to go one at the time or my dodgy foot can't cope and I go face first! Literally!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@FootyFan26 mm its different for everyone. i find when working out in the gym for a solid hour doing cardio and everything really tires me out. the stairs at my school are also tiring ahahah. at 8 o'clock in the morning i struggle so bad going up 7 flights of stairs. i end up crossing through each level ! i sound so unfit nahahah

Sorry i'm joining so late guys Smiley LOL 
What are some of the potential social benefits of exercise (team sports, gym, etc.)?
I really love using long walks to catch up with a friend i haven't seen in a while. It's such a nice low pressure way of having a chat and just enjoying being outside together and getting some exercise Smiley Happy Me and one of my closest friends do this during semester breaks 

@litgym stairs are the worst! I had to climb four flights for one of my uni classes last year and I was dying by the end every time Smiley Tongue

Team sports are a great way to meet new people and make friends! I played netball in high school and it was always great to interact with other people!

Exercise can also be a great way to catch up with friends. I will often go hiking or on walks with my friends and it is great fun! Smiley Happy

OMG 7 flights of stairs!? Man I hated doing 1 flight with all my school stuff at high school! I'd be dead @litgym *crying laughing face*

• Improved communication skills
  • Improved social interaction
  • Increased ability to form meaningful relationships
Highlighted

for team sports: feeling a sense of belonging and getting to know others in the team better, working together to reach a goal

for gym, maybe meeting new people? i haven't been to the gym so i have no idea if this actually happens or not.. maybe everyone's focused on doing their own thing

Loving the answers for potential social benefits of exercise! Smiley Happy